ADVERTISEMENT

ACC stinks again

gauchoheel

Hall of Famer
Jul 29, 2016
After watching Louisville get absolutely smoked by Texas Tech (I think they had 18 points with 10 minutes left in the game... finished with 38), I couldn't help but wonder how our league is comparing to the other power conferences.

ACC: 22 losses, 1.5 losses per team
Big 12: 3, 0.3 losses per team
B1G: 8, 0.66 losses per team
Big East: 13, 1.3 losses per team
Pac 12: 21, 1.75 losses per team
SEC: 14, 1.0 losses per team

It's very early and may not mean much if we're really good this year, but it certainly doesn't help with seeding, attendance, recruiting, etc. Pretty crazy to see Louisville and FSU completely fall off.

The ACC hasn't been the ACC for a long time. But, seeding and recruiting won't be an issue as long as we keep winning because we are a blue blood. They always get the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
The ACC hasn't been the ACC for a long time. But, seeding and recruiting won't be an issue as long as we keep winning because we are a blue blood. They always get the benefit of the doubt.
I agree with the recruiting, but it matters in seeding. The NET takes some of that bias out for seeding. If you do not have many tier 1 and 2 teams in conference, ya better not slip up with the others much at all. It is also tougher to get quality wins on the resume. I'm rooting for a solid showing by the ACC in the Big 10 challenge.

I agree with the recruiting, but it matters in seeding. The NET takes some of that bias out for seeding. If you do not have many tier 1 and 2 teams in conference, ya better not slip up with the others much at all. It is also tougher to get quality wins on the resume. I'm rooting for a solid showing by the ACC in the Big 10 challenge.

If we’re 28-5 or 29-4 after the ACC tournament, we’ll be a 1 seed regardless of how bad the rest of the conference is.

I realize that is not a given & we have to return to last years late season form to achieve that record.

Last edited:
If we’re 27-5 or 28-4 after the ACC tournament, we’ll be a 1 seed regardless of how bad the rest of the conference is.

I realize that is not a given & we have to return to last years late season form to achieve that record.
Yep, we have some solid non conference opponents, there should be some tier 1 and 2 teams in that bunch and Virginia & Duke look to be legit tier 1 in conference games. Conference play may be a no real benifit with most wins though if some teams don't win some games, potential big hits for slip ups in conference in that scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT