ADVERTISEMENT

All time favorite tv commercials

I don't think there will be any Superbowl commercials added this year. That was a pretty brutal night. I can't really remember any of them. That was like 3:00 am infomercial type stuff.

I don't think there will be any Superbowl commercials added this year. That was a pretty brutal night. I can't really remember any of them. That was like 3:00 am infomercial type stuff.

Totally agree. My wife and I talked about that. She’s been in marketing and advertising for a long time. He hypothesis is that there are so many ways to advertise now that SB commercials do t have the same cache they once did. Sounds reasonable.

With that said, I did like the Ben Affleck Dunkin Donuts and the Miller Lite/Coores Light/Blue Moon one.

Totally agree. My wife and I talked about that. She’s been in marketing and advertising for a long time. He hypothesis is that there are so many ways to advertise now that SB commercials do t have the same cache they once did. Sounds reasonable.

With that said, I did like the Ben Affleck Dunkin Donuts and the Miller Lite/Coores Light/Blue Moon one.
Those two were decent. The one with Bradley Cooper and his mom was ok too. But none of them are the type of commercials that will be remembered for a while. I'll probably forget about them in a week. Interesting theory from the wife and makes sense. Those spots are still expensive as hell, though.

commercials don't even make sense any more, and I suppose they are targeting the mindless woke types. Half of them leave me wondering what the product is. I ignore most of them.

I saw zero SB ads.

Reactions: Heelicious
as a golf nut, i liked the Caddyshack themed ads. but overall, yeah they sucked ... and have for a few years now.

I liked the one for Workday pretty well, (with Ozzy, Joan Jett, Billy Idol, Paul Stanley from KISS) - but I am biased because I know a lot of the Workday people pretty well, and have worked on installing the software the last 3-4 years, and will going forward...so it was right in my wheelhouse. I didn't even recognize Joan Jett, or the blues rock guitarist. But calling people rock stars is way overused.
Totally agree the ads get, say - a D- or incomplete grade. My kids (high school / college age) watch them, and don't have any context for something like Caddyshack or John Travolta in Grease. Who are the marketers trying to reach? I'd think younger crowd than Boomers / Xers.

I did like the golf one too, the third person bit was sort of funny.

I liked the one for Workday pretty well, (with Ozzy, Joan Jett, Billy Idol, Paul Stanley from KISS) - but I am biased because I know a lot of the Workday people pretty well, and have worked on installing the software the last 3-4 years, and will going forward...so it was right in my wheelhouse. I didn't even recognize Joan Jett, or the blues rock guitarist. But calling people rock stars is way overused.
Totally agree the ads get, say - a D- or incomplete grade. My kids (high school / college age) watch them, and don't have any context for something like Caddyshack or John Travolta in Grease. Who are the marketers trying to reach? I'd think younger crowd than Boomers / Xers.

I did like the golf one too, the third person bit was sort of funny.

That was one of the ones I had no idea what the product was.

But calling people rock stars is way overused.

Completely agree with that.

Reactions: bluetoe
One of the local commercials that was aired during the game had Roy in it. It was kinda forgettable other than Roy being in it.

That was one of the ones I had no idea what the product was.

Completely agree with that.
Workday is a company that has big cloud based software that processes Human Resources, payroll, finance processes and reporting for a lot of medium to big companies. I guess half the Fortune 500 use it.

But yeah it’s a lot of $ to spend when it’s only targeted to a few hundred people at most. Like Chief financial officers, chief information officers, chief executive officers

Here’s an unpopular take: I know lots of people think will Ferrell is funny all the time. He has a few decent funny moments but he is maybe the most overrated, smug, low talent actor I can think of.

Reactions: bluetoe
Workday is a company that has big cloud based software that processes Human Resources, payroll, finance processes and reporting for a lot of medium to big companies. I guess half the Fortune 500 use it.

But yeah it’s a lot of $ to spend when it’s only targeted to a few hundred people at most. Like Chief financial officers, chief information officers, chief executive officers

Here’s an unpopular take: I know lots of people think will Ferrell is funny all the time. He has a few decent funny moments but he is maybe the most overrated, smug, low talent actor I can think of.
The place I work at now and my previous employer use workday. The guy who started it was a client of mine at my previous job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT