ADVERTISEMENT

Any truth to the Fedora to Mizzou smoke?

WHY can't a person vehemently disagree w/ how Fed coaches IN-game, explaining the thoughts behind the ridiculous gaffes and what he sees causing them...and then take pains to point out, also repeatedly, how he also thinks Fed is EXCELLENT in the program-building aspect of his job, without such hatred being ascribed to him? For about the 9 billionth time, I do NOT hate Fedora....I get tired of him zoning out mentally and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, or nearly so, so very often....something that is CORRECTABLE, and high past time in need of fixing!

To be clear:
1- I most certainly would put Larry out if he was on fire, and I'd try to do so w/ water.
2- I would piss on Cut to put him out....I'd take my damn time about it, and hope I'd eaten plenty of asparagus recently so that my piss had a really good stench about it that Cut could enjoy and wax philosophic about afterwards to his fawning press.
3- Not sure about Doeren. Since they're such a "hand in the dirt" operation, I might just give him a shovel and a bucket, and sit down and watch him engineer his own escape. As he neared completion of his extrication, THEN I'd piss on him.

Just want to be perfectly clear on my position....
I agree I don't like him either I feel as if he is the sole reason this team is not undefeated, this football team is winning in spite of his lack of coaching!

I have said before the only thing I feel as if he should have credit for is hiring GC.

Fedora's ability (and Cunnigham) to get Chizik to come and outfit the lowly UNC d of 2014 was truly amazing. He was clearly up for the challenge! Beat Cow!

Reactions: Tru Blu Tar Heel
Folks, Fed ain't going anywhere...next year's team will be even better than this year's. GC will also be here next year.

Y'all are ****ing embarrassing. No wonder we are called whine and cheese fans. Keep your ridiculous opinions to yourself, instead of posting it on our free board for the whole world to see and point and laugh at us.

This is the best season we've had in a generation. Are y'all really so whiney that you can't just enjoy it?

Oh BTW....Chizik was kinda lousy as a HC, overall. It ain't like he'd be the messiah.

I agree I don't like him either I feel as if he is the sole reason this team is not undefeated, this football team is winning in spite of his lack of coaching!

I have said before the only thing I feel as if he should have credit for is hiring GC.
He shouldn't get credit for recruiting:
- Donnie Miles
- Ryan Switzer
- M.J. Stewart
- Bug Howard
- Quinshad Davis
- Tyler Powell
- Nazair Jones
- Lucas Crowley
- Brandon Fritts
- Jalen Dalton ...?

I just named basically the best players on our team save for MW, Schoett, and Landon and Des Lawrence. But he gets no credit for any of those guys, right?

Does he get credit for Installing a style of offense that's set just about every UNC record? Does he get credit for guiding this program through an NCAA mess with scholly restrictions while all the while not complaining ONCE publicly, despite awful fan support because of people like the ones posting in this thread?

I guess all the other schools' ADs interested in Fedora are just effing dumb too.

JHC. I won't blame Fed a bit if/when he leaves and I hope that, if he does, he wins multiple national championships. Maybe then he might win y'all's approval.

He shouldn't get credit for recruiting:
- Donnie Miles
- Ryan Switzer
- M.J. Stewart
- Bug Howard
- Quinshad Davis
- Tyler Powell
- Nazair Jones
- Lucas Crowley
- Brandon Fritts
- Jalen Dalton ...?

I just named basically the best players on our team save for MW, Schoett, and Landon and Des Lawrence. But he gets no credit for any of those guys, right?

Does he get credit for Installing a style of offense that's set just about every UNC record? Does he get credit for guiding this program through an NCAA mess with scholly restrictions while all the while not complaining ONCE publicly, despite awful fan support because of people like the ones posting in this thread?

I guess all the other schools' ADs interested in Fedora are just effing dumb too.

JHC. I won't blame Fed a bit if/when he leaves and I hope that, if he does, he wins multiple national championships. Maybe then he might win y'all's approval.

Oh hell nevermind!

I shall NWM your comments and opinions as they should be...using Ignore. I've never seen any value in listening to the ravings of the mentally challenged.

So is the Fedora is only FEDORA with Chizik- how most of the fanbase feels? Standing alone would he be a good hire for another power 5 school?

What I feared last year was that Fedora was loyal to his assistants that he would go down with the utterly failed D staff he brought to Chapel Hill. The cleaning house and bringing in Chizik - signs of a 1st rate HC who makes hard moves when necessary.

I think Fedora has proven he can and will do what it takes to win at the highest levels. I think he can win the ACC and the National Title at UNC. I think he will be bold in replacing any assistants who leave.

And here is what else I believe - Bubba Cunningham is a much, much better AD than Dick Baddour and will act quickly to save our staff and when necessary to replace parts. If Fedora were to leave, I trust Bubba to do the opposite of Baddour and make another excellent football hire.

Hard to argue your points, woad. If Fedora leaves it's 100% because he wanted to and not because the University just let him.

No offense intended whatsoever to Mizzou, but that would be a lateral move for Fedora. Yes I'm aware Mizzou is in the SEC.
A lateral move that is on a campus under siege from SJWs who persuaded a third or so of the black football players to rebel and threaten a boycott.

Any white coach who takes that job is risking a good deal.

If I were Mizzou, I would go whole hog after Dino Babers, because he is the most P5 worthy black HC in the Group of 5. Babers may be a top choice of both Syracuse and Maryland.

Reactions: randman1
No offense intended whatsoever to Mizzou, but that would be a lateral move for Fedora. Yes I'm aware Mizzou is in the SEC.

Is it a lateral move when one school pays its head coach and assistants more than double what the other does? Or when one school is sitting there with a notice of allegations from the NCAA that will hit the football program?

Just curious about the reasoning here.

Is it a lateral move when one school pays its head coach and assistants more than double what the other does? Or when one school is sitting there with a notice of allegations from the NCAA that will hit the football program?

Just curious about the reasoning here.
- He's fixing to get a raise.
- The NCAA isn't going to punish football with anything more than a slap on the wrist (no I'm not going to expand on this because I'm sick of talking about it)
- You can't go by the "reported" salary of what our head coach makes. We fudge those numbers with incentives and other things that increase the "official" salary
- Fedora is a Texan. Missouri is closer to Texas than N.C. but it ain't Texas. He's already turned down Tennessee....why would he choose Missouri?
- Fedora is a great recruiter but the state of Missouri does not produce nearly as much talent -- quality nor quantity -- as North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia.
- Mizzou isn't your typical SEC program like an Alabama or a Florida. It's a nice job, not a spectacular one. UNC has money for days. If our big-level boosters finally jump back on board with football, we can pay almost as well as anyone not named Texas, Alabama, Southern Cal, Georgia, and the other blue bloods.

It's no knock on Mizzou. It's a solid job, but so is UNC

Reactions: Littlejon
- The NCAA isn't going to punish football with anything more than a slap on the wrist (no I'm not going to expand on this because I'm sick of talking about it)
- You can't go by the "reported" salary of what our head coach makes. We fudge those numbers with incentives and other things that increase the "official" salary
- Fedora is a Texan. Missouri is closer to Texas than N.C. but it ain't Texas. He's already turned down Tennessee....why would he choose Missouri?
- Fedora is a great recruiter but the state of Missouri does not produce nearly as much talent -- quality nor quantity -- as North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia.
- Mizzou isn't your typical SEC program like an Alabama or a Florida. It's a nice job, not a spectacular one. UNC has money for days. If our big-level boosters finally jump back on board with football, we can pay almost as well as anyone not named Texas, Alabama, Southern Cal, Georgia, and the other blue bloods.

Thank you for the reply.

Great post here. I guess the wildcard is really the possible sanctions? Also maybe being second fiddle to the basketball program?

It seems like Fedora's name is not going away. Some guy named Kilgore on twitter thinks that he might be Mizzou's plan B. Apparently they might have a bigger name plan A and people on the rant are now talking about it as well.

http://www.secrant.com/rant/mizzou-sports/saturday-or-sunday/60573512/
I seriously doubt that Missouri is any "hot" coaches plan A. Missouri is a grease fire that any coach with intelligence wouldn't touch with a 10' pole. Missouri will have to settle for an assistant or a coach who gets left out of the big names. Missouri has benefited greatly from UGa and UF under performing the last few years and has returned to doormat status as of this year.

It seems like Fedora's name is not going away. Some guy named Kilgore on twitter thinks that he might be Mizzou's plan B. Apparently they might have a bigger name plan A and people on the rant are now talking about it as well.

http://www.secrant.com/rant/mizzou-sports/saturday-or-sunday/60573512/
This wanker Kilgore seems to be the only one who thinks this. I read Mo. has 60 million in athletic debt and expenses increased 10% in 2014.

Great post here. I guess the wildcard is really the possible sanctions? Also maybe being second fiddle to the basketball program?
Sanctions can of course be a wild card, no doubt. A couple things to note though:
1) UNC's lawyers and PTB have indicated to men's basketball and football that we are clear of any crippling sanctions (post-season bans, significant scholarship reduction).
2). Any sanctions that DO come down will be the end of all of this. The threat of sanctions is what has made recruiting difficult for both programs, not the sanctions themselves, if that makes sense. Once the sanctions are handed down, schools can no longer negatively recruit against us using the "what if" approach. Once they're handed down, everything returns to normal.

And as for basketball, our current AD (who is still new, was hired in 2011-12) is absolutely doing whatever it takes to support football at UNC. That wasn't the case with the previous AD a lot of the time. Our current AD, Bubba Cunningham is pulling the strings to ensure football is supported in addition to basketball, not despite of it.

Question for you Mizzou guys (I'm assuming you're Mizzou guys), how strong is the football tradition and support there? I though Mizzou had morphed into a bit of a basketball school in the last 20 years or so. I'm just not very familiar with Mizzou football. Has it hurt at all that you've lost your rivalry with Kansas? I'd assume no lol.

Sanctions can of course be a wild card, no doubt. A couple things to note though:
1) UNC's lawyers and PTB have indicated to men's basketball and football that we are clear of any crippling sanctions (post-season bans, significant scholarship reduction).
2). Any sanctions that DO come down will be the end of all of this. The threat of sanctions is what has made recruiting difficult for both programs, not the sanctions themselves, if that makes sense. Once the sanctions are handed down, schools can no longer negatively recruit against us using the "what if" approach. Once they're handed down, everything returns to normal.

And as for basketball, our current AD (who is still new, was hired in 2011-12) is absolutely doing whatever it takes to support football at UNC. That wasn't the case with the previous AD a lot of the time. Our current AD, Bubba Cunningham is pulling the strings to ensure football is supported in addition to basketball, not despite of it.

Question for you Mizzou guys (I'm assuming you're Mizzou guys), how strong is the football tradition and support there? I though Mizzou had morphed into a bit of a basketball school in the last 20 years or so. I'm just not very familiar with Mizzou football. Has it hurt at all that you've lost your rivalry with Kansas? I'd assume no lol.

Haha, we haven't had a basketball program in 20 years.

Haha, we haven't had a basketball program in 20 years.
I told you I didn't know much about Mizzou! Haha.

So y'all are a football school? Okay, good to know. I wasn't sure which way y'all leaned. How do you like being in the SEC? It kinda sucks for y'all who want to travel with the team that you have to go to faraway places like Athens, Gainesville, Knoxville, and the other Columbia.

So y'all are a football school? Okay, good to know. I wasn't sure which way y'all leaned. How do you like being in the SEC? It kinda sucks for y'all who want to travel with the team that you have to go to faraway places like Athens, Gainesville, Knoxville, and the other Columbia.
SEC football has not been so bad. This year was some kind of anomaly or possibly HC Pinkel might have been distracted with his health and all. The campus unrest was overblown, mostly stirred up to run off the President, had to do with campus politics, but at any rate more difficult than Big 12, but so far so good.

I'd say everyone, except for some old timers from the western part of the state, LOVE the move to the SEC. More money. More notoriety. Don't have to put up with the crooked politics of the Big12 and Texas.

Regarding travel, St. Louis is MO's largest city (in terms of population), and it's also the largest concentration of MO alums. St. Louis is actually closer to more SEC universities than Big 12 schools. Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas, are all five hour drives or less. And those are all attractive locations. Plus, next year we get to go to LSU and experience Baton Rogue.

In the Big 12, for STL fans, only kU, KState, and Iowa State were driveable. And let me tell you... No one wants to go to those places.

Definitely a step up in competition. But also a step up in terms of the CFB experience.

I seriously doubt that Missouri is any "hot" coaches plan A. Missouri is a grease fire that any coach with intelligence wouldn't touch with a 10' pole. Missouri will have to settle for an assistant or a coach who gets left out of the big names. Missouri has benefited greatly from UGa and UF under performing the last few years and has returned to doormat status as of this year.

And with all due respect, this is all bullsh*t. Mizzou can pay a coach likely over $5M annually. It can pay coordinators near $1M or more. Plus, the rest of the staff will be handsomely paid. Columbia is an exceptional town.

I understand we went through a rough patch, but it's hardly a blip on the Columbia radar now. All things are back to normal.

Also, I wouldn't be one to lob bombs at playing "not good competition." Last I checked the Coastal isn't filled with hard hitters.

Have a nice day. ;)

And with all due respect, this is all bullsh*t. Mizzou can pay a coach likely over $5M annually. It can pay coordinators near $1M or more. Plus, the rest of the staff will be handsomely paid. Columbia is an exceptional town.

I understand we went through a rough patch, but it's hardly a blip on the Columbia radar now. All things are back to normal.

Also, I wouldn't be one to lob bombs at playing "not good competition." Last I checked the Coastal isn't filled with hard hitters.

Have a nice day. ;)

Back to normal....What until some BS pops up and somebody goes on a hunger strike and the whole team quits on the coach....Their is nothing normal about Mizzou....The Arm Pit of the mid west....Only good thing that ever come out of that state was Josey Wales.....

Back to normal....What until some BS pops up and somebody goes on a hunger strike and the whole team quits on the coach....Their is nothing normal about Mizzou....The Arm Pit of the mid west....Only good thing that ever come out of that state was Josey Wales.....
The Arm Pit of the mid west? How much time have you spent in Missouri?

I truly hope you're not a UNC alum; if so, your claim as a great academic institution should be scoffed at.

Dag, Kool. Got a boner for Mizzou, huh? I kinda like'em. Anyone that hates Kansas is kool, IMO.

The Arm Pit of the mid west? How much time have you spent in Missouri?

Man I can be at the beach in 3 hours and in the mountains in 3 hours the other way....Why would I ever visit that State...Oh and the Lady's in Carolina Oh my....Sorry I forgot y'all like Men....No need for me to visit...

A lateral move that is on a campus under siege from SJWs who persuaded a third or so of the black football players to rebel and threaten a boycott.

Any white coach who takes that job is risking a good deal.

If I were Mizzou, I would go whole hog after Dino Babers, because he is the most P5 worthy black HC in the Group of 5. Babers may be a top choice of both Syracuse and Maryland.
The "campus under siege" is complete BS that was totally over-hyped by the media. I was on campus yesterday. No "sieging" going on at all. IDK if Mizzou is a lateral move for Fedora or not, it seems pretty lateral to me. But NC pays him and his assistants well below market value and he certainly isn't appreciated by NC fans if this thread is any indication. It does kind of suchk to be a FB coach at a BB school.

Man I can be at the beach in 3 hours and in the mountains in 3 hours the other way....Why would I ever visit that State...Oh and the Lady's in Carolina Oh my....Sorry I forgot y'all like Men....No need for me to visit...
^^^someone whose opinion should be taken very seriously^^^ pffft.

Nah I am going to lay off on y'all boys just got a little heated and my switch is very quick with visiting fans after the last few years...I wish the Tigers luck moving forward with their coaching search...Just leave Fed be...

Nah I am going to lay off on y'all boys just got a little heated and my switch is very quick with visiting fans after the last few years...I wish the Tigers luck moving forward with their coaching search...Just leave Fed be...
It's all good, just don't call out a place for being an arm pit when you have never visited, makes you look foolish. Some people just have their panties in a wad and can't wait to let the coaching search play out. We truly have no idea what ADMR is going to do. Most would be super happy with our current hot commodity and True Son Barry Odom taking over.

It's all good, just don't call out a place for being an arm pit when you have never visited, makes you look foolish. Some people just have their panties in a wad and can't wait to let the coaching search play out. We truly have no idea what ADMR is going to do. Most would be super happy with our current hot commodity and True Son Barry Odom taking over.

You right my man....I am sure it's a great place to live...I just hate this time of year for UNC football if we are any good...The local Media hates us and all they have been saying is we are losing the whole staff and hell we might....Sorry to all the Tigers y'all cool in my book...

Reactions: stormkyng
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT