ADVERTISEMENT

AP Top 25

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Dave Doreen, whom there Mack-lovers swore would soon belfried because Mack would own him and most of the ACC, has the Wuffies at #10.

Mack is often delusional because he believes his own BS. But deep down he knows that he can never build anything at UNC. AS good as he had things the first, he still never won a single ACC Championship. But Dick Crum. Young Mack had some original ideas and a lot of bursting energy, but he still could not win the ACC. he could' ever beat UVA in Charlottesville. Old Mack is tired, all he does is a retread of what failed ultimately at Texas.

But then over in Raleigh we have Top 10, 4-0 Moo, which beat 3-1 Texas Tech, which has 2 Wins over ranked teams. And in Winston-Salem we have #22 Wake Forest, the smallest school in a P5. The Deals are 3-1, they lone loss against Clemson, which is undefeated and ranked #5. And in Derm, the unranked Dookies are 3-1, their only loss to undefeated Kansas.

4-0 Florida State is #23, while 3-1 Pitt (its lone loss was to undefeated #8 Tennessee) is #24.

The ACC has 5 ranked teams, while UNC sucks in Mack's 4th season.

Dave Doreen, whom there Mack-lovers swore would soon belfried because Mack would own him and most of the ACC, has the Wuffies at #10.

Mack is often delusional because he believes his own BS. But deep down he knows that he can never build anything at UNC. AS good as he had things the first, he still never won a single ACC Championship. But Dick Crum. Young Mack had some original ideas and a lot of bursting energy, but he still could not win the ACC. he could' ever beat UVA in Charlottesville. Old Mack is tired, all he does is a retread of what failed ultimately at Texas.

But then over in Raleigh we have Top 10, 4-0 Moo, which beat 3-1 Texas Tech, which has 2 Wins over ranked teams. And in Winston-Salem we have #22 Wake Forest, the smallest school in a P5. The Deals are 3-1, they lone loss against Clemson, which is undefeated and ranked #5. And in Derm, the unranked Dookies are 3-1, their only loss to undefeated Kansas.

4-0 Florida State is #23, while 3-1 Pitt (its lone loss was to undefeated #8 Tennessee) is #24.

The ACC has 5 ranked teams, while UNC sucks in Mack's 4th season.
If you think moo, as a program, has arrived, then you aren't paying attention. But, let's say that's true. Doreen has been there for around 50 years. That would seem to go against your argument that we should fire Mack after four years.

If you think moo, as a program, has arrived, then you aren't paying attention. But, let's say that's true. Doreen has been there for around 50 years. That would seem to go against your argument that we should fire Mack after four years.
Mack should be given as much time as he needs.

And in Winston-Salem we have #22 Wake Forest, the smallest school in a P5. The Deals are 3-1, they lone loss against Clemson, which is undefeated and ranked #5.
and it had to go to a second OT for that loss, so it was virtually a tie.

Mack should be given as much time as he needs.
I don't recall if you were among the many who asserted that Fedoa also should be given as much time as required.

If Mack lives as long as Joe Paterno did, would you want him to have that much time no matter the results? How long do you think a coach in his 70s can keep up top level recruiting while producing mediocre seasons, including many games that are just embarrassing examples of very poor coaching?

What do you mean by 'arrived'? I have noted that Moo is ranked Top 10 with a 4-0 record, including the giving thinly loss to 3-1 Texas Tech, which has beaten 2 ranked teams. And if Mack had not overseen UNC stealing ignominious defeat from the jaws of victory against Moo last year this year's start by Moo would not seem as threatening to the future of UNC football.

I know how long Doeren has been there. Fedora defenders were predicting how Larry would drive Doeren out of Raleigh. I knew better, because Fedora wa all about flash and flair, big talk, while Doeren is about hard work and team discipline, about getting guys to take care of details.

It's a different specific form, but Mack is like Fedora in that he is all about sweet big talk and flash and fair and painting pretty pictures.

I don't recall if you were among the many who asserted that Fedoa also should be given as much time as required.

If Mack lives as long as Joe Paterno did, would you want him to have that much time no matter the results? How long do you think a coach in his 70s can keep up top level recruiting while producing mediocre seasons, including many games that are just embarrassing examples of very poor coaching?
He's a moo fan. He thinks he's being cute by saying that because like you he thinks Mack is killing the program. That's a good thing for him. You finally have someone on here who agrees with you word for word, that UNC football sucks and always will because blah blah blah. That gives me an idea. Maybe you should go be a regular at pack pride. You'll be very welcome over there and they won't get tired of you repeating the same thing over and over.

He's a moo fan. He thinks he's being cute by saying that because like you he thinks Mack is killing the program. That's a good thing for him. You finally have someone on here who agrees with you word for word, that UNC football sucks and always will because blah blah blah. That gives me an idea. Maybe you should go be a regular at pack pride. You'll be very welcome over there and they won't get tired of you repeating the same thing over and over.
Is it all on Mack, though? This is the same guy who won a national championship. There is only one other coach in the ACC that has done the same. Maybe Mack needs time to fix the culture?

Is it all on Mack, though? This is the same guy who won a national championship. There is only one other coach in the ACC that has done the same. Maybe Mack needs time to fix the culture?
giphy.gif

our only loss thus far is to a team that was ranked top 5 preseason. it's a bit early to give up imo.

Mack is not killing the program - but he is running it into another giant rut. Yes, Wuffies should be delighted with that. So should Deacs fans and Clemson fans and and Dokies and fans of everybody we play.

And every UNC fan with any sense should want it ended ASAP. We do not have Mack Brown as he was in 1997. We have an older and therefore slower version of the guy who got fired at Texas, who has made the same set of mistakes he made over his final 4 years in Austin.

Do you think Mack Brown has it in him to ever with the ACC? Do you think the staff he's assembled can do that job? Do you think that going forward this program under Mack can recruit at the level it has the past 3 years? At Texas, Mack had to have 4 straight Top 5 recruiting classes nationally in order to win his 1st conference championship. Is it possible for Mack to recruit that well at UNC?

At what point in terms of Mack's ever advancing age combined with his failure to win more than 8 games, do you decide that he's had enough time?

I think many UNC football fans are used to being treated as the step-children of the family. The Golden Child is basketball, and they accept the scraps for football. They are OK with endless mediocrity as long as it does not dip into back to back 3 win seasons.

Mack is not going to be any smarter or harder working at 75 than he is now.

Mack is not killing the program - but he is running it into another giant rut. Yes, Wuffies should be delighted with that. So should Deacs fans and Clemson fans and and Dokies and fans of everybody we play.

And every UNC fan with any sense should want it ended ASAP. We do not have Mack Brown as he was in 1997. We have an older and therefore slower version of the guy who got fired at Texas, who has made the same set of mistakes he made over his final 4 years in Austin.

Do you think Mack Brown has it in him to ever with the ACC? Do you think the staff he's assembled can do that job? Do you think that going forward this program under Mack can recruit at the level it has the past 3 years? At Texas, Mack had to have 4 straight Top 5 recruiting classes nationally in order to win his 1st conference championship. Is it possible for Mack to recruit that well at UNC?

At what point in terms of Mack's ever advancing age combined with his failure to win more than 8 games, do you decide that he's had enough time?

I think many UNC football fans are used to being treated as the step-children of the family. The Golden Child is basketball, and they accept the scraps for football. They are OK with endless mediocrity as long as it does not dip into back to back 3 win seasons.

Mack is not going to be any smarter or harder working at 75 than he is now.
No I don't think he can at this point, but it gets ****ing tiring to hear you bitch and moan about the same thing without ever hearing you say anything positive. You make people want to jump off a cliff with your miserable attitude every single post. They all consist of some combination of the following:

- Mack's bff
-Mack is old
- Dre sucks
- WF has great coaching
- basketball only people

You have at least one of those in 95% of your post. You just love to be miserable. You wouldn't know what to do if we ever did win something.

In which of those 3 Ws did you see a team that looks well coached?
i'm not inclined to praise our team at this point, nor am i giving up on them. our offense can score on anybody with young running backs showing some potential. our defense disappointed against app st., but so did top 10 Ta&m. n.dame is a contender for a top ten ranking, and we aren't this year -- simple reality. our performance against ACC rivals (the rest of the schedule) will determine my opinion re: the direction of the program.

i'm not inclined to praise our team at this point, nor am i giving up on them. our offense can score on anybody with young running backs showing some potential. our defense disappointed against app st., but so did top 10 Ta&m. n.dame is a contender for a top ten ranking, and we aren't this year -- simple reality. our performance against ACC rivals (the rest of the schedule) will determine my opinion re: the direction of the program.
The Aggie D looked fine vs. App St. The Aggie offense sucked. Jimbo changed QBs, sitting the more athletic, better runner, and playing Brad Johnson's son, and now the Aggies have a W over a Top 10 team.

Who is Mack going to sit on D and who will replace him to achieve the same thing for our D that Jimbo was able to achieve for A&M's offense?

The great problem for our D is that Mack chose a lousy staff and has fired only the best one he was forced to take.

No I don't think he can at this point, but it gets ****ing tiring to hear you bitch and moan about the same thing without ever hearing you say anything positive. You make people want to jump off a cliff with your miserable attitude every single post. They all consist of some combination of the following:

- Mack's bff
-Mack is old
- Dre sucks
- WF has great coaching
- basketball only people

You have at least one of those in 95% of your post. You just love to be miserable. You wouldn't know what to do if we ever did win something.
Well then, let's just all pretend that last year did not happen, that Mack and his brilliant staff followed up a run to the Orange Bowl with a 10-2 record in 2021, which placed UNC in the ACC Championship Game, which it won over Wake. which lead to another Orange Bowl victory. And in 2022, we are undefeated, having looked great each game. Mack is clearly the greatest coach ever. What a brilliant decision it was to hire a man long derided by most of the best CFB writers as Mr February because all he has ever done really well is recruit.

And do not forget - we must pretend that Bly has produced the best CBs in the nation. Not only has his CB coaching NOT turned 5* Grimes into nothing but Bly, we should tell ourselves, can take any run of the mill 3* and make him All ACC. What a stroke of genius by Mack to see how great a coach Bly is.

It is either something close to that or facing reality like a man.

I do not think Mack is going to get anything done at UNC this time to equal his best at UNC his first go around. The best case scenario is that he leave before his recruiting takes a nose dive and top players he's signed start to use the portal to play for teams able to win a championship. The worst case scenario is that Mack is allowed to stay so long that the next coach inherits a train wreck rather than a team loaded with talent that just needs better leadership.

Well then, let's just all pretend that last year did not happen, that Mack and his brilliant staff followed up a run to the Orange Bowl with a 10-2 record in 2021, which placed UNC in the ACC Championship Game, which it won over Wake. which lead to another Orange Bowl victory. And in 2022, we are undefeated, having looked great each game. Mack is clearly the greatest coach ever. What a brilliant decision it was to hire a man long derided by most of the best CFB writers as Mr February because all he has ever done really well is recruit.

And do not forget - we must pretend that Bly has produced the best CBs in the nation. Not only has his CB coaching NOT turned 5* Grimes into nothing but Bly, we should tell ourselves, can take any run of the mill 3* and make him All ACC. What a stroke of genius by Mack to see how great a coach Bly is.

I do not think Mack is going to get anything done at UNC this time to equal his best at UNC his first go around. The best case scenario is that he leave before his recruiting takes a nose dive and top players he's signed start to use the portal to play for teams able to win a championship. The worst case scenario is that Mack is allowed to stay so long that the next coach inherits a train wreck rather than a team loaded with talent that just needs better leadership.
You just completely ignored what I was saying in my post.

Miserable

- Mack's bff
-Mack is old
- Dre sucks
- WF has great coaching
- basketball only people

Lol remember when we went 11-3 and he spent five years after that b*tching about how Fed played the wrong QB?…

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
Lol remember when we went 11-3 and he spent five years after that b*tching about how Fed played the wrong QB?…
If Fed had played the right QB we wouldn't have slid from 8th in the AP poll down to 15th in the final poll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT