ADVERTISEMENT

Are The Heels Ready To Blitz More?

Defense has to be solid Saturday!! Rivalry/Revenge/ Bounceback game for Wake in their minds....

Probably not. It doesn’t appear to be very important to Chizik.
I think that if the CBs could cover man to man and do it halfway well, we'd see more blitzing. But then secondary is so lacking in fundamentals and is often so weak against hard playing WRs that it is a major threat to blitz much.

I think that if the CBs could cover man to man and do it halfway well, we'd see more blitzing. But then secondary is so lacking in fundamentals and is often so weak against hard playing WRs that it is a major threat to blitz much.
I understand and agree up to a point. But we’re generating almost no pressure on opposing QB’s by rushing four which means our DB’s have to cover receivers longer, exacerbating their deficiencies. I still think our DL coach(Cross) has to go. Obviously a good DL makes the DB’s look better and vice versa. Which do you need first/most? I’d say a good DL since the game is won and lost in the trenches.

Blitz Hartman and he will carve them up. If you can't actually get to him when you blitz, he's got NFL-level receivers waiting for him to deliver. When they're not being covered, he will make it a nightmare for the Heels' defense.

Hartman has made more mistakes when he's had more time to think about it.

Blitz Hartman and he will carve them up. If you can't actually get to him when you blitz, he's got NFL-level receivers waiting for him to deliver. When they're not being covered, he will make it a nightmare for the Heels' defense.

Hartman has made more mistakes when he's had more time to think about it.
The facts seem to suggest the opposite.

From another source:

Blitzing only works if you actually get to the QB. If you don't, then all you've done is taken someone out of coverage.

When blitzed, Sam Hartman has an 84.5 grade, he has 17 TDs and 4 INTS... when blitzed this season. Hartman's grade, on the year, is lower when not blitzed than when he has been blitzed. Hartman's WRs are elite in one-on-one.

Frankly, I don't care if they blitz or not. I have a feeling it's not going to matter. What's going to matter is who has the ball at the end. The O/U is 80 friggin points. Hartman is going to shell UNC and Drake is going to shell WF. The defense isn't really going to matter too much.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT