ADVERTISEMENT

Armando’s replacement *identified* and his name is…

The whole stretch 5 thing?

The NBA has fully embraced it. So you can be against it all you want. It's a reality whether you like it or not.

I’m calling it now…
* UNC #1 in the country with the addition of Baby Shaq Ballo- easy natty7!
* Top 8 with any of the next 2 available bigs
* Top 20 with all eggs in the basket solely dependent on JWash.

Also need to add a 3pt assassin(replace Ryan)…but yes we need a DUDE lead5 to win natty7.

Go get’em HD!!!

Last edited:
Looks to me like Hubert is wanting to replace Bacot with some length that is mobile, that can defend even if switching on to a smaller guy. That darn sure was not going to be Ballo, Omorugi (sp) fits that better, more athletic and still able to be a space eater but there may be some question as to how he fits off the court. If you know anything about Hubert at this point, the major question he has is how a kid is going to fit both on and off the court. Hubert is talking to a LOT of guys to see where their heads are, what is important to them. It isn't who I want, it isn't who you want that counts, it is who Hubert wants. I do think Hubert has liked what he has heard from Adioo and Wolf, would be interesting to see those 2 compete with Jalen and JWit for minutes. No matter what the combination ends up I think Hubert will look to have a deeper rotation in our front court rather than as much that was going to Bacot. I think after all the smoke clears, I think Ingram is gone and because there are real questions that have to be addressed with both Jalen and JWit, you have to bring in insurance, I think we end up taking 2 big men, and run with a 4 man rotation front court.

Most fans seem to feel we are fine with Cade Tyson taking on the designated shooters role but how does that work if RJ does come back? Is Tyson being a bit over estimated right now, is he a Cormac Ryan level jump shooter, is he a Paxon level jump shooter, a year ago this board would not have accepted that Ryan was anything less than a great shooter, he ended up being a better defender than shooter, and Ingram became more the shooter yet the knock on him coming in was his jump shooting? And I FULLY believe that unless something dramatically changes we end up getting Tyson and hoping he is the shooter that Paxon wasn't. Why is that important, well because I do NOT look for EITHER Ian or Drake to come in and blaze the nets as freshmen, I think they will look more to slash to the rim, I sense a bit of Caleb in Ian's game and not sure that is a good thing. I like the Porter kid from OSU and Griffiths from Bama, they can shoot but they defend hard as well. If we don't get big time scoring from Cadeau we need big time shooting threats (that hopefully defend some) at the 2 and 3, starting freshmen Ian and Drake does not give us that IMO.

Reactions: KinstonNC
Cliff Omoruyi from Rutgers has High interest in UNC !!
If this kid comes in for a visit and Hubert feels he is a great fit off the court with our guys I believe he is by far more the player we all want, more so than Ballo. Kid is a fierce defender and plays with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, not a kid to back down from a physical challenge.

Keep this in mind, my understanding is that Omorugi because he is not a citizen is not able to receive NIL, makes him not only a really talented big man but cost effective at the same time. Not sure exactly how that works, we will have to see. The ONLY question is some feeling that he may not have been the best in the locker room but there could be reasons for that. Just from a talent stand point and what we need in on court production, I like him more than any other kid that has entered the portal this season. Only big man that I would maybe take over him would be Norchad Omier and he has not entered the portal yet, has entered the draft, I expect him to stay in the draft.

Looks to me like Hubert is wanting to replace Bacot with some length that is mobile, that can defend even if switching on to a smaller guy. That darn sure was not going to be Ballo, Omorugi (sp) fits that better, more athletic and still able to be a space eater but there may be some question as to how he fits off the court. If you know anything about Hubert at this point, the major question he has is how a kid is going to fit both on and off the court. Hubert is talking to a LOT of guys to see where their heads are, what is important to them. It isn't who I want, it isn't who you want that counts, it is who Hubert wants. I do think Hubert has liked what he has heard from Adioo and Wolf, would be interesting to see those 2 compete with Jalen and JWit for minutes. No matter what the combination ends up I think Hubert will look to have a deeper rotation in our front court rather than as much that was going to Bacot. I think after all the smoke clears, I think Ingram is gone and because there are real questions that have to be addressed with both Jalen and JWit, you have to bring in insurance, I think we end up taking 2 big men, and run with a 4 man rotation front court.

Most fans seem to feel we are fine with Cade Tyson taking on the designated shooters role but how does that work if RJ does come back? Is Tyson being a bit over estimated right now, is he a Cormac Ryan level jump shooter, is he a Paxon level jump shooter, a year ago this board would not have accepted that Ryan was anything less than a great shooter, he ended up being a better defender than shooter, and Ingram became more the shooter yet the knock on him coming in was his jump shooting? And I FULLY believe that unless something dramatically changes we end up getting Tyson and hoping he is the shooter that Paxon wasn't. Why is that important, well because I do NOT look for EITHER Ian or Drake to come in and blaze the nets as freshmen, I think they will look more to slash to the rim, I sense a bit of Caleb in Ian's game and not sure that is a good thing. I like the Porter kid from OSU and Griffiths from Bama, they can shoot but they defend hard as well. If we don't get big time scoring from Cadeau we need big time shooting threats (that hopefully defend some) at the 2 and 3, starting freshmen Ian and Drake does not give us that IMO.
I like. You covered all the bases…really gd stuff all around!

I’m a big on Ballo guy; however, I do see your point with Omorugi. Can we have both pls? Lol.
I think Cade Tyson will be the chosen one to replace Ryan and honestly I think his shooting will be 🔥 day one. And I think his defense will vastly improve under HD.

Mann I sure hope you are wrong about Ingram! In fact, You’re Wrong Dsouthr! Ingram is returning and he will be 10x better than last year!! You will eat crow soup and love it!!!

I do feel better now. Lol.

Last edited:
I like. You covered all the bases…really gd stuff all around!

I’m a big on Ballo guy; however, I do see your point with Omorugi. Can we have both pls? Lol.
I think Cade Tyson will be the chosen one to replace Ryan and honestly I think his shooting will be 🔥 day one. And I think his defense will vastly improve under HD.

Mann I sure hope you are wrong about Ingram! In fact, You’re Wrong Dsouthr! Ingram is returning and he will be 10x better than last year!! You will eat crow soup and love it!!!

I do feel better now. Lol.
I would love to see Ingram back, I just don't think it ends up that way, hope I am wrong to! LOL

I liked Ballo, that is one big ole strong kid but I do question his athletism, his range is counted in inches rather than feet, and with the way UNC big centers get fouled a LOT, I need some free throw shooting from my center. Bacot moved pretty well for a guy his size but he wasn't the rim protector shot blocker that may have been able to erase some of those guard mistakes. I want a guy to replace Bacot that alters most shots taken in the lane, a guy that guys looking to drive the lane have to worry about. A guy that is not just shopping at the big & tall store but one that play OVER the rim, as opposed to below it. If, as I expect, we do lose Ingram, I think it is even more important we get at least 1 big man that plays with a bit of a attitude, a bit of a chip on his shoulder on the court and has the frame able to back it up.

I felt like the problem with Paxon was before he came to UNC he was the go to shooter/scorer for Brown where he was able to shoot himself in to a heater but had the confidence knowing that he had to total green light to shoot at any time and that was not really ever going to be his role at UNC, at most he may have been more in the Ryan role, you take the wide open looks, and that is basically all Paxon did take. I suspect same for Tyson, you are not going to get a huge volume of shots to heat up with, you are going to be expected to hit a high % of what you do take, you are neither RJ nor Caleb. We will just have to see if that works. It didn't for Paxon, it did for Ryan but more as a vocal leader and defender than a pure shooter (which was not expected coming in to last season). The Griffins kid from Bama would be a great fit but hasn't he committed elsewhere?

I would love to see Ingram back, I just don't think it ends up that way, hope I am wrong to! LOL

I liked Ballo, that is one big ole strong kid but I do question his athletism, his range is counted in inches rather than feet, and with the way UNC big centers get fouled a LOT, I need some free throw shooting from my center. Bacot moved pretty well for a guy his size but he wasn't the rim protector shot blocker that may have been able to erase some of those guard mistakes. I want a guy to replace Bacot that alters most shots taken in the lane, a guy that guys looking to drive the lane have to worry about. A guy that is not just shopping at the big & tall store but one that play OVER the rim, as opposed to below it. If, as I expect, we do lose Ingram, I think it is even more important we get at least 1 big man that plays with a bit of a attitude, a bit of a chip on his shoulder on the court and has the frame able to back it up.

I felt like the problem with Paxon was before he came to UNC he was the go to shooter/scorer for Brown where he was able to shoot himself in to a heater but had the confidence knowing that he had to total green light to shoot at any time and that was not really ever going to be his role at UNC, at most he may have been more in the Ryan role, you take the wide open looks, and that is basically all Paxon did take. I suspect same for Tyson, you are not going to get a huge volume of shots to heat up with, you are going to be expected to hit a high % of what you do take, you are neither RJ nor Caleb. We will just have to see if that works. It didn't for Paxon, it did for Ryan but more as a vocal leader and defender than a pure shooter (which was not expected coming in to last season). The Griffins kid from Bama would be a great fit but hasn't he committed elsewhere?
Wow Just now seen Cliff Omoruyi footage…ouch!!! That dude is incredible!!! He didn’t have to do Edey like that!!! 😬

I’m calling it now…
* UNC #1 in the country with the addition of Baby Shaq Ballo- easy natty7!
* Top 8 with any of the next 2 available bigs
* Top 20 with all eggs in the basket solely dependent on JWash.

Also need to add a 3pt assassin(replace Ryan)…but yes we need a DUDE lead5 to win natty7.

Go get’em HD!!!
That could be bad close

RJ coming back has nothing to do with Tyson. That dude is 6 7” and looks bigger imo. Weaker competition for sure but dang it man he can fill it up. Someone posted a video of him on here Dav check it out. I’d be excited to say the least and there’s a reason he’s got everyone trying to lure him in.

That could be bad close

RJ coming back has nothing to do with Tyson. That dude is 6 7” and looks bigger imo. Weaker competition for sure but dang it man he can fill it up. Someone posted a video of him on here Dav check it out. I’d be excited to say the least and there’s a reason he’s got everyone trying to lure him in.
I have no idea how I responded to two diff folks lol

• Haha
Reactions: NorCalTarheel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT