ADVERTISEMENT

As feared, no changes on staff for Offense

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Except that now Larry Porter is named responsible for special teams. That's the same Porter who required 11 games and a number of RB nicks and bruises, after Fall Camp and Spring Practice, to figure out that Brooks has heart, drive, and toughness, as well as some pretty decent skills.

Of course, we get to keep longtime Mack BFF Stacy Searels. How could Mack do without him?

Except that now Larry Porter is named responsible for special teams. That's the same Porter who required 11 games and a number of RB nicks and bruises, after Fall Camp and Spring Practice, to figure out that Brooks has heart, drive, and toughness, as well as some pretty decent skills.

Of course, we get to keep longtime Mack BFF Stacy Searels. How could Mack do without him?
Man, can you come up with some new material? Let's see what the staff can do with Mack guys instead of Fedora ones on the OL. Haven't heard "BFF" this much since I was in middle school.

Man, can you come up with some new material? Let's see what the staff can do with Mack guys instead of Fedora ones on the OL. Haven't heard "BFF" this much since I was in middle school.
So why does everyone but Bateman get a chance to work with their guys? No one was complaining about Longo being saddled with Mike, Javonte, Dazz, or Dyami.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
So why does everyone but Bateman get a chance to work with their guys? No one was complaining about Longo being saddled with Mike, Javonte, Dazz, or Dyami.
I would've loved to see what Bateman could do with Mack's guys but the poor play of what he had to work with in addition to the breakdowns eventually did him in. Would he still be here if Chiz turned Mack down? I would say 100%. My comment about seeing what the staff can do with Mack guys was primarily aimed at the OL coach. Luckily those 4 guys got a chance to play with an actual QB before their UNC careers ended, thanks to Mack.

Having two coaches that have won a national championship in the last 15 years isn't bad

Having two coaches that have won a national championship in the last 15 years isn't bad

That was one of my first thoughts. But we haven't seen anything to indicate we have one coach with that kind of pedigree so I'm not super confident that a second will make much of a difference.

Take Vince Young and Cam Newton off the table and neither of them have a natty. I guess you could argue Mack might've won another if Colt McCoy didn't get hurt but I think that Bama team would have beaten them regardless.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
That was one of my first thoughts. But we haven't seen anything to indicate we have one coach with that kind of pedigree so I'm not super confident that a second will make much of a difference.

Take Vince Young and Cam Newton off the table and neither of them have a natty. I guess you could argue Mack might've won another if Colt McCoy didn't get hurt but I think that Bama team would have beaten them regardless.
My guess is if you take most star QBs off a national championship team and they will struggle.

My guess is if you take most star QBs off a national championship team and they will struggle.

Lol I mean yeah. But Vince Young and Cam Newton both had freakish physical gifts and completely carried their offense.

A counter example would be someone like Mac Jones. You could have swapped like 20 different QB's onto that team and they still would've won it all.

maybe 2 or 3 but not 20.

as for changes - hopefully it's only no personnel changes. i am still hopeful that there will be changes in how we train, how we prepare, attitude, fundamentals, etc. but i was disappointed we didn't look at a new O line coach. mack said he will personally chime in on that area but that doesn't exactly give me a warm and fuzzy feeling

maybe 2 or 3 but not 20.

as for changes - hopefully it's only no personnel changes. i am still hopeful that there will be changes in how we train, how we prepare, attitude, fundamentals, etc. but i was disappointed we didn't look at a new O line coach. mack said he will personally chime in on that area but that doesn't exactly give me a warm and fuzzy feeling
New players is a good start.

A counter example would be someone like Mac Jones. You could have swapped like 20 different QB's onto that team and they still would've won it all.
There are 14 QB's in the world that made the NFL playoffs this year, Jones was one of them. So, I'm thinking Belicheat and the rest of their staff, guys that have won an important game or two, might have a different opinion. That being said, I hate NE and Ala both so maybe you're right, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT