ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul

coolwaterunc

Hall of Famer
Oct 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Did anyone watch the first episode? I didn't because I was afraid all it was going to make me do was wish that it was Breaking Bad, but I wanted to get some opinions from anyone here who may have watched it to see if I should...

I watched the first 2 episodes. Thought they were very good. Good story line and tie in with Breaking Bad. Understand that Saul set a record of some kind for viewership on cable for a new show (or something along those lines)!

Haven't finished Breaking Bad yet so I don't want to start Better Call Saul.

I like BB but I stopped around the beginning of season 3 (on Netflix) and cannot motivate myself to continue. I don't know if anyone else felt this way about BB, but......his wife is SUCH A B-*-T-C-H that it borderline renders me incapable of watching the show. The premise of the show and everything is awesome, but good lord his wife is such a C U Next Tuesday in that show that it makes me physically angry.

Anyone else agree...?

Originally posted by coolwaterunc:
Do yourself a favor and continue watching Breaking Bad. Greatest show of all time.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Agree with this. Well, definitely top 2 (Sopranos being my other favorite).

Better Call Saul has been great so far for me. I was always a fan of his character, so seeing more of him and how Saul becomes Saul is a lot of fun. There have been plenty of sparks that show how much potential there is here. The scene in the desert, the brief interactions with Mike, the courtroom stuff, I'm all in. I didn't need to be sold much on this show, but I'm 110% on board.

Originally posted by TarHeelMark:
I recorded BCS and glad t hear you don't need to watch breaking bad first ...
I would say watching Breaking Bad helps, but it's not necessary. Watching BB will influence your opinion of a few of the scenes, but I think they will still have impact even if you haven't watched it yet.

His wife is still an insufferable b*tch lol. Nearly turns me off of the show.

Same thing with The Bridge on FX. It seems like a cool, creepy show but I watched the first two episodes live and Diane Krüger's character was such a stone cold b*tch that I couldn't stick with it

I've only heard about Better Call Saul on facebook. I have no idea what it is.

I've also never watched an episode of Breaking Bad.

Originally posted by TarHeelMark:
I've been enjoying the hell out of this show.
Same here. It's been remarkably solid, which is really nice to see. I'm a big Bob Odenkirk fan, and Breaking Bad is one of my all time favorite shows, so I'm really happy that it's doing it's best to both showcase him and continue the show's legacy in a positive way.

The show is off to a solid start, IMO.

I have enjoyed Mike as the parking lot attendant. Looks like something serious coming down the road for him in the next episode.

Originally posted by heelmanwilm:
I was channel surfing and came across "saul" in an old everyone loves raymond. He was the high school nerd at raymonds reunion.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Yep, Bob Odenkirk has done a lot of TV work over the years; seems like I recall he was in an episode of Seinfeld, maybe as one of Elaine's boyfriends, but not 100% on that. I thought he was great in Fargo TV series as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT