ADVERTISEMENT

biggest position of need - 2018

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
I say safety is biggest position of need, esp strong safety.

I know some of these taller corners could move to free safety, but i'm not sure if we have a thumper SS on the future rosters in the mold of Donnie Miles, Da'Norris Searcy, Dexter Reid.

Strong side Defensive End is probably my second.

Of course if none our QBs are any good then my list could change a ton :)

What do ya'll think?

^ yeah, and if Strowbridge moves back to SSDE, then that becomes a tiny bit less urgent.

Every offensive skill position, in my opinion. Other than Jackson and Proehl who else is there to feel sure about? I'm worried about how we're going to move the ball.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Fox wasn't amazing spring gm vs the second string ol which mostly be walkons and true frosh, but things were vanilla.

I feel Kareem Martin was the last fearsome rusher, but he didn't really find his groove til the last half of his senior year.

Kareem had the benefit of Sylvester next to him, but Sr yr he did
21.5 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks, 14 quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Kareem had the benefit of Sylvester next to him, but Sr yr he did
21.5 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks, 14 quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries
Not trying to diminish what Kareem did at all, but didn't 5 or 6 of those 11.5 sacks come in two games, neither of them particularly "big" games?

We need a pass rusher who can get meaningful sacks in meaningful points of games. We need someone who will hit a homer with 2 guys on in a tight game, not someone who will smack a solo homer in a lopsided game, if you will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT