ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Walton passes away

chickenhunter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2002
like him or not, he was always true to himself. Never hid his love of weed or Grateful Dead.

He was virtually unstoppable his first few years in NBA. Injuries hurt his career and he could have been one of the absolute best ever.

Didn’t care for his mic job but it’s hard not to appreciate what he gave and did for the game of basketball. And yes cancer sucks.

Was at the Saturday game in 74 when NCSU did beat UCLA to virtually assure themselves that if they just played their game on Monday night then the Streak of UCLA winning 8 straight NCAA Titles ( that UCLA had won) would be over. On Monday night the ACC won its first Title since 1957. Walton and Company could not win on that semi-final Saturday. RIP Bill Walton...🏀🎀

Was at the Saturday game in 74 when NCSU did beat UCLA to virtually assure themselves that if they just played their game on Monday night then the Streak of UCLA winning 8 straight NCAA Titles ( that UCLA had won) would be over. On Monday night the ACC won its first Title since 1957. Walton and Company could not win on that semi-final Saturday. RIP Bill Walton...🏀🎀
Dang Chap you old. Jk

• Haha
Reactions: Psychward4
I remember Walton as a kid. He was incredible I thought but we didn't get many UCLA games in NC. Then I saw some old games that ESPN put out after Wooden died. Walton was better than I Imagined. He was unstoppable it seemed. I know State beat them in 74 but it took both Burleson and Thompson to do it. Don't forget that the 74 State team was undefeated in 73 and 74.

I remember Walton as a kid. He was incredible I thought but we didn't get many UCLA games in NC. Then I saw some old games that ESPN put out after Wooden died. Walton was better than I Imagined. He was unstoppable it seemed. I know State beat them in 74 but it took both Burleson and Thompson to do it. Don't forget that the 74 State team was undefeated in 73 and 74.
That NCSU team was undefeated in 73. They were on probation and could not go to the Tournament. In 74 they actually lost one game. That was a December loss to UCLA in St. Louis. That team also had to survive the ACC Tournament game against John Lucas, Len Elmore and the Maryland team. The loser of that ACC game would not be able to go to the NCAA Tournament...

The very definition of a free spirit, he lived life to the fullest and really didn't seem to care if anyone else liked it or not, RIP big man!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT