ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Huggins uses slurs on radio program

For me it would be. For him, it probably doesn't mean much.
that's your opinion. My opinion is that the rest of the world would say it's a big deal to him. And of course it's a big deal otherwise as well. Otherwise, why would he be punished that massively? If there was no uproar, there would have been no punishment. You know how it works. You didn't really have to ask.

I go to my knees for that same man, but I also know he wouldn't say things like the F-word, the N-word, etc and think it's just "nonsense and/or soft" when others are offended by it.
And I'll wager every dime I have on that premise.
Nor do I try to be him, I am not perfect, I am flawed, he was not. I don't have hate in my heart for those that live their life in a deviant way but the effort to try to force me to not just accept it but consider it normal, nah, that is a wasted effort on me. If anyone thinks they can convince me that a man is a woman or a woman is a man they are guilty of speaking nonsense. If you want to get biblical about it then I suggest you re-read the story of Sodom and Gamora and what God did to punish them for the very things we are trying to convince everyone should be considered normal today.

To punish a man a $1million dollars for a slip of the tongue is just wrong, it is just wrong. How comfortable would any of you be for folks to be able to hear ALL that comes out of your mouth, even with no others being able to hear and the very first time you let something slip you get hammered by everyone and it cost you nearly everything you have. If you think you sit on the moral high ground hate to tell you but you are not because you are no different than Huggins, does your book say any different, no it doesn't actually.

And I would ask, if it ends up taking away a Million dollars from Huggins, who is it that gets that million dollars? I believe it was worded as to say his salary would be reduced by a million dollars, well golly gee whiz, that means the school benefits from Huggins slip of the tongue, why should the school benefit from that? What did the school do so wonderfully that they deserve to benefit from that million bucks? LOL

Look, I am not trying to preach to folks, many don't like that now days and that is their right. But I am expressing that I* am very highly offended by the effort to try to convince me and everyone else (not aiming this at any poster on this board) that up is down, that what was good is now bad and what was bad is now good. I am strongly offended by such efforts, from those "money changers". I have as much right to be offended as they do, I have as much right to express that I am offended as they do, they are not told to check their words, why should I be?

Last edited:
that's your opinion. My opinion is that the rest of the world would say it's a big deal to him. And of course it's a big deal otherwise as well. Otherwise, why would he be punished that massively? If there was no uproar, there would have been no punishment. You know how it works. You didn't really have to ask.
Usually uproars for things like this include protests, calls to fire the guy, statements from politicians, dumb takes from celebrities, etc. I don't think that's happened. If it has, it's been pretty quiet. I'm guessing the penalty was to preempt that stuff and it wasn't that much for him, so he went along with it.

Usually uproars for things like this include protests, calls to fire the guy, statements from politicians, dumb takes from celebrities, etc. I don't think that's happened. If it has, it's been pretty quiet. I'm guessing the penalty was to preempt that stuff and it wasn't that much for him, so he went along with it.
by 'going along with it' do you mean not quitting? I'm not sure what other options were available to him. I'd bet the farm that if asked, he'd say it is a big deal. But I'm sure you're right about the penalty being administered for the purpose of appeasing the wokesters, and I said as much in one of my posts. A big deal in the works is itself a big deaL

by 'going along with it' do you mean not quitting? I'm not sure what other options were available to him. I'd bet the farm that if asked, he'd say it is a big deal. But I'm sure you're right about the penalty being administered for the purpose of appeasing the wokesters, and I said as much in one of my posts. A big deal in the works is itself a big deaL
I would have loved to see Huggin's reaction when the school told him they were going to punish him for those words, pretty sure there were more than a few broken bottles of Makers Mark on the floor around him that night! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: bluetoe
I would have loved to see Huggin's reaction when the school told him they were going to punish him for those words, pretty sure there were more than a few broken bottles of Makers Mark on the floor around him that night! LOL
I wouldn't have wanted to be the one to deliver the bad news. Probably one of those occasions that a text would be called for.

I mean being ok with the penalty. If it was an issue it wouldn't have happened so fast. The quick turnaround means he didn't want to fight it, which means it wasn't a big enough penalty to fight. He's made a lot of money in his life. A million isn't going to hurt him.

I mean being ok with the penalty. If it was an issue it wouldn't have happened so fast. The quick turnaround means he didn't want to fight it, which means it wasn't a big enough penalty to fight. He's made a lot of money in his life. A million isn't going to hurt him.
what exactly would him fighting it be like? He put the university in the driver's seat by making his remarks, and they put him in the back seat and told him where they were going. He had no choice but go along. That doesn't mean he was 'OK' with it. I still say he wasn't, he simply had no other way to go other than along with them.

I enjoy these back and forth kind of deals but we probably have come to about as much of an agreement here as we ever will. I'm willing to just let it go and call it a day.

But I'm sure he wasn't OK with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT