ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Pick'em -- FOURTH (AND FINAL) WAVE of bowls (11 total picks)

TarHeelNation11

Hall of Famer
Mar 9, 2007
Lowell, NC
Post your picks for the Fourth (and Final) Wave of bowls in this thread. CLICK HERE to reference ALL the spreads and review the instructions. Good luck!

In this wave, you are picking bowls from Jan. 1st through Jan. 4th. They are listed below for your convenience.

FOURTH (AND FINAL) WAVE OF BOWLS (11) :

Outback Bowl -- Jan. 1, 12:00 p.m.
Auburn (-6.5)
Wisconsin

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic -- Jan. 1, 12:30 p.m.
Michigan State
Baylor (-4.5)

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl -- Jan. 1, 1:00 p.m.
Missouri (-5.5)
Minnesota

Rose Bowl -- Jan. 1, 5:00 p.m.
FSU
Oregon (-7.5)

Allstate Sugar Bowl -- Jan. 1, 8:30 p.m.
Ohio State
Alabama (-9.5)

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl -- Jan. 2, 12:00 p.m.
Houston
Pitt (-3.5)

Taxslayer Bowl -- Jan. 2, 3:20 p.m.
Iowa
Tennessee (-3.5)

Valero Alamo Bowl -- Jan. 2, 6:45 p.m.
Kansas State
UCLA (pick'em)

TicketCity Cactus Bowl -- Jan. 2, 10:15 p.m.
Washington (-5.5)
Oklahoma State

Birmingham Bowl -- Jan. 3, 12:00 p.m.
East Carolina
Florida (-6.5)

GoDaddy Bowl -- Jan. 4, 9:00 p.m.
Toledo (pick'em)
Arkansas State

WISCONSIN

BAYLOR

MINNESOTA

FSU

OHIO ST

PITT

TENNESSEE

KANS ST

OKLAHOMA ST

ECU

ARK ST

Outback Bowl -- Jan. 1, 12:00 p.m.
Auburn (-6.5)

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic -- Jan. 1, 12:30 p.m.
Baylor (-4.5)

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl -- Jan. 1, 1:00 p.m.
Missouri (-5.5)

Rose Bowl -- Jan. 1, 5:00 p.m.
Oregon (-7.5)

Allstate Sugar Bowl -- Jan. 1, 8:30 p.m.
Alabama (-9.5)

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl -- Jan. 2, 12:00 p.m.
Houston +3.5

Taxslayer Bowl -- Jan. 2, 3:20 p.m.
Tennessee (-3.5)

Valero Alamo Bowl -- Jan. 2, 6:45 p.m.
Kansas State (pick)

TicketCity Cactus Bowl -- Jan. 2, 10:15 p.m.
Oklahoma State +5.5

Birmingham Bowl -- Jan. 3, 12:00 p.m.
East Carolina +6.5

GoDaddy Bowl -- Jan. 4, 9:00 p.m.
Toledo (pick'em)

Auburn
Mich St
Mizzou
Oregon
Ohio St.
Pitt
Tenn
UCLA
Ok St
ECU
Toledo

AUBURN
BAYLOR
MIZZOU
FSU
TOSU
PITT
TENNESSEE
UCLA
WASHINGTON
FLORIDA
ARKANSAS STATE

Auburn -6.5
MSU +4.5
Minnesota +5.5
Oregon -7.5
Bama -9.5
Pitt - 3.5
UT -3.5
UCLA
UDub -5.5
ECU +6.5
Toledo

Auburn

Baylor

Missouri

Oregon

Alabama

Pitt

Tennessee

Kansas State

Washington

Florida

Toledo

Wisconsin +6.5

Baylor -4.5

Missouri -5.5

FSU +7.5

Alabama -9.5

Houston +3.5

Tennessee -3.5

Kansas State

Oklahoma State +5.5

East Carolina +6.5

Arkansas Stats

Since THN11 is the official scorekeeper, this is definitely UNOFFICIAL.

By my count at this point with 6 bowl games left, I am in last place with no way to catch UNC71-00 being 7 games behind. So it will be interesting to me to see how this plays out as we go down to the wire. I have UNC71-00 with a four game lead over strum, a 5 game lead over THN11 and cory, and a 6 game lead over GSD and gteeitup, and a 7 game lead over Billyl and me.

Good luck to all and whoever wins let me know where to send the check.

Also, a big THANK YOU to THN11 for putting this together. Even though I can't win, I've enjoyed participating. I know its got to be a lot of work.
This post was edited on 1/2 10:38 AM by HookUNC75

Originally posted by HookUNC75:

Since THN11 is the official scorekeeper, this is definitely UNOFFICIAL.

By my count at this point with 6 bowl games left, I am in last place with no way to catch UNC71-00 being 7 games behind. So it will be interesting to me to see how this plays out as we go down to the wire. I have UNC71-00 with a four game lead over strum, a 5 game lead over THN11 and cory, and a 6 game lead over GSD and gteeitup, and a 7 game lead over Billyl and me.

Good luck to all and whoever wins let me know where to send the check.

Also, a big THANK YOU to THN11 for putting this together. Even though I can't win, I've enjoyed participating. I know its got to be a lot of work.
This post was edited on 1/2 10:38 AM by HookUNC75
Thanks for the kind words man but I'm actually feeling like I let y'all down. I was surprised with an international trip for Christmas so I wasn't able to update the scores as much as I would've liked in the beginning. I'm about to do a score update right now. And I've just sorta been a lot busier than I expected so I haven't been able to keep this thing updated like I wanted to. To top it off, my damn laptop crashed so I've only been able to update this thing at work, which obviously isn't always something I have time to do. My apologies.

Next year, if y'all will have me, I'm going to start posting about it earlier in the year and really try to get more people involved and I pledge to give more frequent score updates as well. I felt I ran last year's contest a lot better.

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
... but I'm actually feeling like I let y'all down.
You did. The facilitation of this was a mess. It's ruined the whole experience. I think we should just say "f*ck it" for the rest of the this year, no one pays anyone for anything, and we regroup and figure out a better way for next year.

I'm going to assume that's cool with everyone.

Thanks.

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:
You did. The facilitation of this was a mess. It's ruined the whole experience. I think we should just say "f*ck it" for the rest of the this year, no one pays anyone for anything, and we regroup and figure out a better way for next year.

Thanks.
I'm sure everyone is shocked by your attempt to weasel out of paying up.

Originally posted by UNC71-00:

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:

Thanks.
I'm sure everyone is shocked by your attempt to weasel out of paying up.
Is this you saying that you're not cool with it?

So . . Do I owe money to UNC71-00 . . . ?

Rich,

Send me an address where I can send you a check or make a PayPal payment. Or whatever other method is agreeable to you.

Thanks.

billyuncblue@hotmail.com

UNOFFICIAL FINAL STANDINGS. I'm sure THN11 will get the OFFICIAL out when he gets time at work.

UNC71-00 -- 23-15
cory -- 18-20
THN11 -- 17-21
strum -- 17-21
GSD -- 16-22
gteeitup -- 15-23
BillyL -- 15-23
Hook -- 14-24

Even though it's unofficial, I'll go ahead and say great job by UNC71-00 for his runaway win in this contest.

UNC71-00, let me know your pleasure for my payment david@adams-hook.com

Originally posted by notUNC71-00:

Did I win?
No.

Pretty sure that your ugly-ass half brother did though . .

email me please.

Originally posted by BillyL:

Originally posted by notUNC71-00:

Did I win?
No.

Pretty sure that your ugly-ass half brother did though . .

email me please.
Don't tell me you guys let that idiot 71-00 win. What happened to Dick this year anyways?

Thanks Billy and Hook- I just sent you an email.

Who the hell is this notUNC71-00 anyways?

So how are we playing again? I haven't been keeping up. If it is paypal I'll pay you right now. If you need me to mail a damn check I'm going to wait about two months. Just ask GSD.

Originally posted by coryfly:
So how are we playing again? I haven't been keeping up. If it is paypal I'll pay you right now. If you need me to mail a damn check I'm going to wait about two months. Just ask GSD.
If anyone wants PayPal, I will have it later this week- traveling right now and don't have my computer handy with PayPal info.

Originally posted by coryfly:
If anyone wants PayPal, I will have it later this week- traveling right now and don't have my computer handy with PayPal info.
I was just kidding anyway. If you want a check I'll mail one. It's no big deal.

email returned to you, 71-00 . . I'll have a check to you by the wknd.

Originally posted by notUNC71-00

What happened to Dick this year anyways?
The spreads killed me. I'm in a bowl pick 'em with 18 other people through yahoo. We did the confidence format (which I usually hate). But no point spreads. I'm in first place. If I pick correctly in the national championship game, I can't lose. So it sucks to lose $20 to you idiots. But the blow will be softened by the $300 I'll win there.

I also won the regular season of my fantasy league this year. I lost in the first round of the playoffs. But by winning the regular season, I won $250.

And I'm in a tie for 4th place in the NFL playoff pick 'em that I'm in. That has roughly 20 players as well at $25 a pop. So I could win some dough there too.

My luck has been pretty good this year. I can't complain about performing poorly here.

Send your half brother my congratulations. And tell him to email or facebook message me with his address. I'll send a $20 bill. I don't do checks. Too womanly for me.

Thanks Billy and Hook- I just sent you an email.

Who the hell is this notUNC71-00 anyways?
congrats...send me your address for the loot.

gbmeyer@sc.rr.com

Originally posted by HookUNC75:

UNOFFICIAL FINAL STANDINGS. I'm sure THN11 will get the OFFICIAL out when he gets time at work.

UNC71-00 -- 23-15
cory -- 18-20
THN11 -- 17-21
strum -- 17-21
GSD -- 16-22
gteeitup -- 15-23
BillyL -- 15-23
Hook -- 14-24

Even though it's unofficial, I'll go ahead and say great job by UNC71-00 for his runaway win in this contest.

UNC71-00, let me know your pleasure for my payment david@adams-hook.com
Final scores are up on the Standings thread. They're a little different than Hook's scores above. Most notably, I did worse than what he has me at lol. I blame it on that damn Second Wave where I got like 2 of 9 picks right? That killed me.

Sorry for the delay.

Anyone who wants to use PayPal, email me at unc7100@gmail.com

Gtee- just sent you an email

Sorry for the delay.

Anyone who wants to use PayPal, email me at unc7100@gmail.com

Gtee- just sent you an email

I tried sending a paypal payment on Jan 8th, to that email, and it says it has still not been accepted.

That's not my PayPal email Strum. Email me at that address and I will send you my real one.

Sorry Strum- I'm an idiot. I just figured it out and money accepted. Thanks!

Cory- just sent you an email in response to yours.

Hook and Dick- received your settlements. Thanks Hook. GSD- you can go suck a bag of dicks.

Mailed mine on Thursday, 71-00 . . figured that you'd have it by Saturday, or at the latest, today.

Nothing yet, huh . . ?

71, email me your new address por favor.

Also, cory..........you get to keep your money, according to the rules I laid out, since you finished in 2nd. But if you want to give 71 $20 anyway, I'm sure he'll accept it
tongue.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 1/12 3:53 PM by TarHeelNation11

Mailed mine on Thursday, 71-00 . . figured that you'd have it by Saturday, or at the latest, today.

Nothing yet, huh . . ?
Naw, just checked the mail too.

I lwas gone though through Sat, so the wife may have put it to the side or something and I missed it. I will ax her when she gets home.

Thanks, Rich . . I know it was picked-up here in NoVa on Thurs., I expected it to be in your mailbox by Sat.

Thanks, Rich . . I know it was picked-up here in NoVa on Thurs., I expected it to be in your mailbox by Sat.
Nope- didn't come

your postman doesn't happen to know where you worked before you retired, does he? Just a thought..

Just kiddin- I'm sure it will get here tomorrow. No worries.

This post was edited on 1/12 7:04 PM by UNC71-00

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT