ADVERTISEMENT

Box Score . .

I’ve watched A LOT of college basketball in my life and don’t think I ever remember a team making 15 straight shots.

I can’t believe we out shot them for the game, especially after they made 15 in a row.

23 assists on 23 made baskets, 51% FG, 48.4% 3FG, 83.3% FT, 7 steals, 6 blocks, and we outrebounded them. If you don't think we played well, you're crazy.

We also didn't play defense for most of the 2nd half, gave up a huge lead, and almost lost the game.

They can't have a let up against Tech on Saturday. They need to bring max effort to keep the win streak going.

I'll agree that our 3-pt defense was atrocious, yet again. Seems this team just can't/won't defend the three. It is our biggest defensive weakness.

Our pick 'n roll defense isn't too far behind our 3 pt D, Scott . .

I'd like to see Cameron's efforts on D get a little bit better.

Reactions: Archer2
I am ecstatic that we shot almost 50% from 3 and kept the streak alive, however, I am not accustomed to a UNC team having to shoot 3's to be competitive. In all my years of watching Dean's teams and now Roy's teams the one thing you could count on was that we were going to pound you inside, and in the long run our inside play would win close to 80% of the time including 5 natty's. I have always been of the mindset that only lesser talented teams and dook game planned to shoot a bunch of 3's. This team has some talent, and several players that I love to watch, but I sure will be glad when we have the players to go back to playing UNC basketball!!

Reactions: Archer2 and MWHeels
We also didn't play defense for most of the 2nd half, gave up a huge lead, and almost lost the game.
We also clamped down on D in crunch time, made 9 of 10 free throws in the last 4:30 of the game. Almost lost the game??? Clemson never tied the game or led after the 16:29 point of the first half. You're being melodramatic. Almost losing the game is what happened at ND, not last night.

Reactions: Archer2
These things happen when they hit 5 threes in a row, and 15 shots overall (some of the twos were tough as well). You ought to know that three point defense is mostly random. If they go 2/5 from three during that stretch we blow them out. And even giving them all of that, we were up by 10 when the walkons came on, so they outscored our starters by all of 5 points for the half.

We scored 87 points on the #12 Kenpom defense coming into the game. Clemson is damn good, and might get a protected seed in the NCAA tournament. They are still #15 in Kenpom, and this was their largest loss of the year. It was a very good win.

These things happen when they hit 5 threes in a row, and 15 shots overall (some of the twos were tough as well). You ought to know that three point defense is mostly random. If they go 2/5 from three during that stretch we blow them out. And even giving them all of that, we were up by 10 when the walkons came on, so they outscored our starters by all of 5 points for the half.

We scored 87 points on the #12 Kenpom defense coming into the game. Clemson is damn good, and might get a protected seed in the NCAA tournament. They are still #15 in Kenpom, and this was their largest loss of the year. It was a very good win.

Definitely a good win. I just found the game unpleasant to watch.

Definitely a good win. I just found the game unpleasant to watch.

Big 10 basketball & any game involving Virginia is unpleasant to watch. This game featured a bunch of O & made 3's, much more fun to watch. Now if I could've only found it on TV to watch?

Reactions: BillyL
Big 10 basketball & any game involving Virginia is unpleasant to watch. This game featured a bunch of O & made 3's, much more fun to watch. Now if I could've only found it on TV to watch?

It wasn't unpleasant because of the style of play. It was unpleasant because my team spent most of the 2nd half steadily collapsing.

In ACC games, Clensum is:

1st in BLKS
2nd in FT%, FTM
3rd in FTA, PTS
4th in FGM, 2P%, 3P%, PPG
5th in TRB

In the toughest league in the country, those are good numbers. They have a good team this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT