ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Ingram WNCT Interview

ChapelHeeled

Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2011
Brandon and his father both make sound points on this one. Still have some hope that he chooses UNC...

He has Sam Perkins eyes and I hope he turns out as good as Sam did for UNC.

The key is glad they waited; JP left and Roy knows there will be no sanctions. So he will be a Heel. Also he wants to win a championship and where does he have the best shot at that and then to the NBA

What sticks out to me is his father saying that he's glad that they held off on the commitment last fall..... that's very telling ... unfortunately. Hopefully I'm looking too much into that statement.

What sticks out to me is his father saying that he's glad that they held off on the commitment last fall..... that's very telling ... unfortunately. Hopefully I'm looking too much into that statement.

I took that quote to mean We are glad he didn't commit to UNC and now waiting we see who is leaving , he will go to dook !

Reactions: Showenuff
He said fans are fans of their institution and he would like for you to be a Brandon Ingram fan , I took that to mean hey I know you guys in Kinston are Tar Heel fans but you can still pull for B. I. when he is at Dook.

He said fans are fans of their institution and he would like for you to be a Brandon Ingram fan , I took that to mean hey I know you guys in Kinston are Tar Heel fans but you can still pull for B. I. when he is at Dook.

Yeah, basically what they were saying is you have been fans of Brandan, no matter what school you prefer he comit to please support him if not the team he plays for, reasonable thing to ask IMO.

either way I am ready for it to be over. 17 and 18 year olds get WAY too much attention IMHO. Some are not highly regarded and do well in college and some come in looking like the next MJ and they never adjust to the college game. I sure which the One and Done thing would just go away.

Yeah we have had many of these types and a lot of them become 3/4 year players in the end, He is only thought of right now as Jesus Ingram because we are so hungry as a fanbase for some news... Truth of the matter is I would have rather kept JP s a senior leader defensive player who doesnt jack up a ton of shots trying to get to the League...

Yeah, basically what they were saying is you have been fans of Brandan, no matter what school you prefer he comit to please support him if not the team he plays for, reasonable thing to ask IMO.

Well, I'm not a Brandon Ingram fan. I'm a Carolina fan. So if Brandon Ingram comes to UNC, then, and only then, will I be a Brandon Ingram fan. If he goes elsewhere, I couldn't give two sh*ts about him. I guess it's reasonable for pops to ask. But it's absurd to expect it.

Well, I'm not a Brandon Ingram fan. I'm a Carolina fan. So if Brandon Ingram comes to UNC, then, and only then, will I be a Brandon Ingram fan. If he goes elsewhere, I couldn't give two sh*ts about him. I guess it's reasonable for pops to ask. But it's absurd to expect it.

^^ This. 100% agree

Reactions: CJBlue
I would echo Gun's sentiment. In an alternate universe, I could have been a Bobby Hurley fan and seethed at the nickname Black Falcon. As it stands, I'll either welcome another Kinston Blue Chip into the fold or cheer for Justin Jackson to kick Ingram's a** up and down the court next year. Either way, I'll be just fine.

[EMAIL said:
Coach@Heart, post: 72522, member: 2048[/EMAIL]]......... or cheer for Justin Jackson to kick Ingram's a** up and down the court next year. Either way, I'll be just fine.

Coach, this is a key point.

I reckon Justin could easily handle 25-32 min per game next year. He's got a nose for the ball and accumulates points in many ways - not just with "floaters" but on put-backs, threes and back-door cuts.

For the Heels to contend for the title, I believe Justin and Joel B are more critical than BI.

Reactions: Coach_a_Heart
I'm more focused on Kenny Williams than Ingram at this point!!..actually,I've been done with Ingram for a while now after he visited over 15 times and still didn't give us a pledge!!

I'm more focused on Kenny Williams than Ingram at this point!!..actually,I've been done with Ingram for a while now after he visited over 15 times and still didn't give us a pledge!!

Out of respect for 'Stack I will await the BI announcement. He has been there with respect to the BI situation for a good while...

In the video I see where Brandon's dad states that he wants us to be a Brandon fan regardless of what school he chooses..sorry dad but that ain't happening!!..I'm not a fan of any players from dook or state!!...he needs to ask himself if he will still be pulling for unc once Brandon puts on that dook uniform !!..think alot of Unc fans can agree with me!!

In the video I see where Brandon's dad states that he wants us to be a Brandon fan regardless of what school he chooses..sorry dad but that ain't happening!!..I'm not a fan of any players from dook or state!!...he needs to ask himself if he will still be pulling for unc once Brandon puts on that dook uniform !!..think alot of Unc fans can agree with me!!

Personally, I didn't think the comments of BI's dad are directed to UNC / Duke / State fans from around the state and nationally, but to the people within their little community (i.e., Kinston) who've supported him through the years as he's developed into a high-end prospect. I think what he's saying is that for those people who've supported BI over the years as he's represented the local high school and the community, please continue to support him (and don't treat him like a pariah) just b/c he doesn't pick your favorite college.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
I'm going to treat him like the dukie he is. His dad might as well change teams because I don't want him to be a Carolina fan. I don't want to see him wearing anymore Carolina hats either! You guys see him stand at the podium with his dukie son. They both put their new puke hats on together. How beautiful. I am ready for a Carolina uprising. I want a sweep of that team in Durham this coming season and I want it bad!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT