ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Wimbush = Taquan Marshall?

I wouldn't rush to quickly to judge a young man starting his 6th game this Saturday. He needs to learn the how to take what he's practiced onto the game field. He can run for sure, and it helps having a really good offensive line blocking for you.

He also completed 73% of his passes during his senior year in high school. I'm waiting to see that young man on gameday. He's there at ND during practice so say the coaches and local media.

Last edited:
Here is what should terrify us: ND lost to UGA by 1 point. UGA just beat Tennessee by 41.

Is it true your team has lost 13 starters to the old injury bug? It happened to us in 2014 and killed our season. We went from 7-1 to 7-5 before getting some bodies back before winning the bowl game.

If you count lost starts, it is in the 50's.
In our opener I think we only lost 2nd string safety, and our starting LT broke his hand, then things got worse each game since. Just lost 4 for the yr vs dook, but I think we might be okay coming out of GT (though another WR got hurt):

Starting SSDE out for yr
Staring MLB are out for yr.
Starting 3-technique has missed last 2.5 games.
A corner who started 5 gms last yr and two this yr has missed the last few games

O:
Starting RT out for yr
Starting WR out for yr
Starting A-back out for yr
The 2nd string (starting for the guy above) A-back is out for the yr
The 3rd string A-back has missed the last 2 games
2nd String TE (who plays a bunch) out for yr
Starting LT broke his hand in the first game, missed two games then has played the last two with a device
Starting center missed one gm due high ankle sprain
Starting OG Polino is now a backup because his hand is clubbed.

One week before season opener we lost OG who'd been taking first string reps. Early Aug we lost another OG whod' been taking first string reps.
One of the grad xfer OL started fall camp, then quits for two weeks cause he wasn't starting or was out of shape, but came back and now is that starter due to the above.

So based on the opening day depth chart, only 6 starters are lost for the yr, but, but several projected starters were lost in fall camp. Then we generally have a crap-ton of backups who entered fall camp out-for-yr due to spring injuries.

Wimbush is a great runner, but might not play on Saturday. He is currently in a walking boot on his right foot. According to Kelly, Wimbush is day to day.

His back up is Ian Book a red-shirt Freshman. He is a better passer than Wimbush but not even in the say league as Wimbush as a runner.

Is it true your team has lost 13 starters to the old injury bug? It happened to us in 2014 and killed our season. We went from 7-1 to 7-5 before getting some bodies back before winning the bowl game.
WE have 13 players out for the season already. Not all were going to be starters, but all would have played a good deal with a fully healthy team.

Wimbush is a great runner, but might not play on Saturday. He is currently in a walking boot on his right foot. According to Kelly, Wimbush is day to day.

His back up is Ian Book a red-shirt Freshman. He is a better passer than Wimbush but not even in the say league as Wimbush as a runner.
Our pass rush has been poor, to say the least, and our DB play has been spotty, at best.

Keely should let the kid pass. He might burn us and develop major confidence.

Wow, add Devin Perry, out for yr to the above list. So from the 3-WR offense's two-deep we have just one starter and two second-string - Cunningham, Dazz (probable) and ARW. Our 2-deep now has Molette, Rosco, Cabrera who were 3rd or 4th string.

If Wimbush has to play he could/would.

It’s a Grade 1 foot sprain which really isn’t much.

ND has the bye week next week then USC. So they are thinking that resting him against UNC gives him 3 weeks of rest with the bye.

I personally think he should be playing since the ortho doc has taken multiple x-rays/scans & medically cleared him. I think ND/he are babying it a little too much.

Edit: Just announced Wimbush practiced today & he will be a game day decision. If he doesn’t start he will still be available to play.

Last edited:

actually, he is a very athletic QB with good speed not very big

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT