ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Derek Dixon Commits to UNC

They would need to add a center and PF from the portal. Rothstein speculating after watching practice that Ven Lubin starts this season at center adds to my concern about Washington.
If you look at Rothstein's tweets, you'll see a picture of the team warming up. The white squad in the picture was Cadeau, Davis, Jackson, Powell, Lubin, and Brown. So it looks like Hubert is doing his normal thing of switching up the white and blue teams in early season practices. Rothstein being Rothstein, I'd bet his "prediction" was nothing more than him looking at the white squad and guessing that's who Hubert intends to start. From what I've heard I'd be pretty shocked if Washington doesn't start. For what it's worth, the dook fans were absolutely crushing him for his predicting dook starting lineup the other day too.

If Powell's draft stock remains anywhere close to what it currently is, he'll have to turn pro. Hubert would never advise a lottery pick to stay. My guess is we'll add Dixon, Denis, and a point guard from the portal after we're certain Cadeau is leaving.
I'm just playing the odds on our freshmen. As I see it, the odds are that one of them is a likely OAD and the other is a legit pro prospect but needs a year - like Elliot, for example. I'm a huge Powell fan but most people seem to think Jackson is better. So I penciled in Drake as the one who's here next year.

We could also have a PT issue that makes it hard for both of them to showcase themselves well enough to be a first round pick. And unless everybody is wrong about how good they are, they shouldn't accept being drafted out of the 1st round.

They would need to add a center and PF from the portal. Rothstein speculating after watching practice that Ven Lubin starts this season at center adds to my concern about Washington.
Definitely need bigs. Looking at the offers, Hubert is definitely going after big guys.

We have 14 outstanding offers according to 247 (18 offers minus 4 commits, including Dixon). Eight of them are to Power Forwards. Six of them are 6'9 or taller and half of them are 235 or heavier.

After last year's recruiting and portal misses, I think Hubert is serious.

As for Washington, most of what I've heard (not an insider) has been encouraging. It sounds like he's 100% and mostly rust-free. Whether that's good enough and whether he has sufficient stamina remains to be seen.

If there's now speculation that Lubin will start, I hope that's because Lubin looks really good and not that JWash isn't good enough.

I've also heard that JWit is looking really good. Much more focused I believe was the comment.

Remember it was CBS's Rothstein who is the sole voice (that I've heard anyway) saying Lubin would start. I give that report very little credence until I hear it confirmed somewhere else.

Just because someone peeks in on practice and sees Lubin running with the first team doesn't mean he is locked in a C1. I'll need something else that is a little bit more reliable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT