ADVERTISEMENT

Brown Stands Up For Maye, Though He Didn't Like Comment

Reactions: Archer2
It might be wishful thinking on my part, but reading between the lines, it sounds like Mack got a laugh at it behind the scenes. He's spent enough time in NC to understand the joke. Obviously he can't say anything publicly, though.

He did say it was funny, and it was. It's a shame rivals can't rib each other some anymore.

It's not like Drake's comment isn't the stone, cold truth.
Or not...

The Acceptance rate at North Carolina State University at Raleigh is 47% and the yield (enrollment rate) is 32%. The average SAT scores by enrolled students is 1,355 for the year 2021.

UNC's acceptance rate is 20% for students enrolled in fall 2021. The yield, also know as enrollment rate, is 45% with 4,566 enrolled students out of 10,146 admitted. The average SAT score is 1,260 and the ACT score is 25 at UNC.

He did say it was funny, and it was. It's a shame rivals can't rib each other some anymore.
Yeah, I think there are two types of rivals. One is based on competition and mutual respect. The other type is hate. I put moo in the hate category and Drake's comment feeds that hate, which is sorely lacking in this rivalry as of late. It's hard to hate a team that almost always fails. Having players rib each other can get that hate up.

Or not...

The Acceptance rate at North Carolina State University at Raleigh is 47% and the yield (enrollment rate) is 32%. The average SAT scores by enrolled students is 1,355 for the year 2021.

UNC's acceptance rate is 20% for students enrolled in fall 2021. The yield, also know as enrollment rate, is 45% with 4,566 enrolled students out of 10,146 admitted. The average SAT score is 1,260 and the ACT score is 25 at UNC.
tumblr_nxglvy084D1uh14eoo1_400.gif

let's be honest. Mack should have had this talk with the entire team long ago. Because he knows damn well it's already posted in State's locker room and it will remain there until we play.

Or not...

Man. I hope this is true. I know so many kinds that can't get into Carolina with a 25 act. This would give a couple of my kids a lot of hope.

let's be honest. Mack should have had this talk with the entire team long ago. Because he knows damn well it's already posted in State's locker room and it will remain there until we play.
I say let them talk their shit. Moo can hang it up their ass.

I'm still smiling, it is very funny. Especially in the right company. :cool:

Or not...

Is that comparing to all UNC schools or just Chapel Hill?

It's a generic in state trash talking line. Heard it down in SC all the time.

"What do all Clemson and USuCk students have in common? They all got into USuCk"

Reactions: tarheel0910
Sure, he probably shouldn't have said it in that situation, but it's something that used to be (and should still be) taken as a little jab between rivals. If that minor comment gets the woofies all bowed up, then that's their problem.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Sure, he probably shouldn't have said it in that situation, but it's something that used to be (and should still be) taken as a little jab between rivals. If that minor comment gets the woofies all bowed up, then that's their problem.
that's one way of looking at it. Coaches will say that it's OUR problem. I don't think it's going to matter much anyway if our defense doesn't stiffen up.

Why was Maye talking about State when it was ND game week? The Wolfpack are living rent free in his head…

Probably should have focused on ND. But let’s be honest, the outcome wouldn’t have been any different.

Why was Maye talking about State when it was ND game week? The Wolfpack are living rent free in his head…

Probably should have focused on ND. But let’s be honest, the outcome wouldn’t have been any different.
Because he was asked a question about it and he answered it. He threw for 300 and 5 TD's and was the leading rusher, but yea, he wasn't focused on it.

Is that comparing to all UNC schools or just Chapel Hill?
It's definitely not Chapel Hill.

SAT AND ACT SCORES​

These score ranges represent the middle 50% of students’ highest reported scores. ACT scores have been converted to SAT scores. Convert your score here.

NORTH CAROLINIANS​

1340-1500

ALL STUDENTS​

1360-1500

OUT-OF-STATE STUDENTS​

1400-1540

(ACT scores are usually in the 29-33 range)

Moo fans are so sensitive. Even if he wasn't asked a question, you should be able to joke about your rival. It's good for the rivalry. You've had players do it before. What's the big deal?

For the record, he was asked about flipping from Alabama to UNC and if watching Sam in this offense was a big reason why he flipped. He responded and added the State stuff himself.

Reactions: trojanshouse
Moo fans are so sensitive. Even if he wasn't asked a question, you should be able to joke about your rival. It's good for the rivalry. You've had players do it before. What's the big deal?
I never said it was a big deal. Just funny how he’s preoccupied with State and we don’t play for another two months.

I never said it was a big deal. Just funny how he’s preoccupied with State and we don’t play for another two months.
He was asked why he chose UNC, and made a little jab which I'm sure he's heard in his household for several years seeing how both his dad and brother went to UNC. I doubt him making a comment during a presser means he's "preoccupied" with state.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Because he was asked a question about it and he answered it. He threw for 300 and 5 TD's and was the leading rusher, but yea, he wasn't focused on it.
Didn’t UNC have something like 160 yards of total offense until the last few minutes of the 3rd quarter? Padding stats when you’re down by 24 points in what was essentially garbage time isn’t something I’d be bragging about.

Didn’t UNC have something like 160 yards of total offense until the last few minutes of the 3rd quarter? Padding stats when you’re down by 24 points in what was essentially garbage time isn’t something I’d be bragging about.
I'm providing you with stats, not bragging. I have no idea how many yards they had at that time but Notre Dame never went full prevent so they earned every yard against that defense. I just find it funny you think his struggles during the game came from him being preoccupied with State. Notre Dame has talent all over the field with almost 50 4/5 star players and held a damn good OSU defense to 21 points on the road. Is it Maye's fault that the RB's rushed 15 times for 30 yards?

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I'm providing you with stats, not bragging. I have no idea how many yards they had at that time but Notre Dame never went full prevent so they earned every yard against that defense. I just find it funny you think his struggles during the game came from him being preoccupied with State. Notre Dame has talent all over the field with almost 50 4/5 star players and held a damn good OSU defense to 21 points on the road. Is it Maye's fault that the RB's rushed 15 times for 30 yards?
So we are talking about the same ND defense that gave up 26 points to Marshall in South Bend? I guess that means Marshall’s offense is better than tOSU.

Looking at the rankings (total defense and scoring defense), ND has a dead in the middle - average FBS defense.

What's funny is a fan base that's got UNC on the brain is talking about anyone being preoccupied with something. He took a harmless jab at a one time rival. The fact state fans flipped out about it says a lot more about them than anything Drake said. It's Swofford's fault anyway or have you stopped blaming him for everything since he retired?

So we are talking about the same ND defense that gave up 26 points to Marshall in South Bend? I guess that means Marshall’s offense is better than tOSU.

Looking at the rankings (total defense and scoring defense), ND has a dead in the middle - average FBS defense.
Each game is different but it’s easier to get up for some games than others. I’m sorry you choose to be miserable over UNC football. Maybe Notre Dame was preoccupied with UNC while playing Marshall.

Each game is different but it’s easier to get up for some games than others. I’m sorry you choose to be miserable over UNC football. Maybe Notre Dame was preoccupied with UNC while playing Marshall.
He's not miserable over UNC football. There's a reason he has less than 20 posts and just conveniently shows up when Drake makes a comment about moo. He's a fan of theirs who thinks he's accomplishing something by posting here.

Definitely not miserable over UNC football. If anything it’s kind of funny watching all that baby blue and argyle on the field.

For the record, I’m glad Maye jr. made that comment. It shows his true colors and accurately reflects the true colors of his fanbase and how they approach the rivalry. No one likes living in the shadow of their big brother…

Definitely not miserable over UNC football. If anything it’s kind of funny watching all that baby blue and argyle on the field.

For the record, I’m glad Maye jr. made that comment. It shows his true colors and accurately reflects the true colors of his fanbase and how they approach the rivalry. No one likes living in the shadow of their big brother…
Don't get too happy, Basketball season is approaching and you know what that means. Down back to the cellar where NC State belongs. I'm sorry your fan base couldn't handle a little jab. Maybe your ex AD can go on twitter and complain about it.

Don't get too happy, Basketball season is approaching and you know what that means. Down back to the cellar where NC State belongs. I'm sorry your fan base couldn't handle a little jab. Maybe your ex AD can go on twitter and complain about it.
Talking about basketball season in September? No wonder Kenan is always half full on Saturdays.

Talking about basketball season in September? No wonder Kenan is always half full on Saturdays.
When you have half a dozen titles, damn right. But hey, ya'll got those wrastling titles and that college world series title that never happened to be proud of. Congrats on that UCONN win, very impressive.

Reactions: Archer2
No one likes living in the shadow of their big brother…
Says the state fan. 😆

Let's go to the numbers, shall we...
Football: UNC 68-37-6 (64%)
Basketball: UNC 162-79 (67%)
Baseball: UNC 168-135-1 (55%)
Soccer: UNC 55-22-1 (71%)

So, little brother beats big brother 62% of the time in the 4 major men's sports. Hmmmm... ok.

When you have half a dozen titles, damn right. But hey, ya'll got those wrastling titles and that college world series title that never happened to be proud of. Congrats on that UCONN win, very impressive.
This is the same fan base that claims Swofford and the Rams Club have conspired for decades to keep moo from winning a title. Some of them even believe that we have plants in the FBI and judicial system, which is why we didn't get swept up in the probe into college basketball. But yeah, we're the obsessed ones.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT