ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Love commits to Stanford

I think it is a terrible decision. I am willing to bet he will be unhappy there. I see them returning to their usual mediocrity in a few years (1997-2008) 2 winning seasons.

I kinda feel good for Stanford because I was starting to feel sorry for them Re: recruiting Charlotte / North Carolina. We kept edging them out for recruits like Spain (and some others that I can't remember right now). Seems like Stanford finished in 2nd behind UNC or other schools for a sizable number of N.C. recruits. So I'm happy they landed one.

They're sure hitting the Charlotte area hard though. I think the Charlotte private school recruits appeal to them because their grades and test scores are (I'm assuming) probably a bit better than more rural N.C. recruits.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

I see them returning to their usual mediocrity in a few years (1997-2008) 2 winning seasons.
I certainly don't think it was a football-centric decision. The odds are against an NFL career for him because of his size. Good on him for making the most of an outstanding educational opportunity.

I have 0% issue with him going to Stanford. He wants to get a great education, good for him!

Better than him going somewhere like Tenn of losing him to another SEC school.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

I see them returning to their usual mediocrity in a few years (1997-2008) 2 winning seasons.
I certainly don't think it was a football-centric decision. The odds are against an NFL career for him because of his size. Good on him for making the most of an outstanding educational opportunity.
I think Love could have an NFL career. The size menas he cannot be an every down RB, but he could develop into a slot WR who also shifts into the RB position at times.

If I were a top RB, I would be hesitant to sign with UNC. What top RB is going to be happy on a team in which the QB carries the ball far more often any RB?

But by the same token wouldn't UNC be great prep for NFL career as a slot receiver?? Williams has only one more year and guys coming up should be more prolific passers and run from the QB position less. Stanford likes bruiser backs. Love's decision is his but I still think and have the right to think it is a terrible decision.

Stanford is never a terrible choice...great school ...campus... fb program that will usually win at least 7 games and at times 9/10...

You need to look at Stanford's history a little closer 1997-2008 = 2 winning seasons. Harbaugh had some good years there but the overall history is not a winning one.

Hope folks can take the time to read the story from a few years back in the Stanford paper about their "shadow curriculum" that was used for athletes, specifically football players.

The ish we have had to and are dealing with is chump change compared to that program. Any coinkydink that Harbaugh skedaddled out of dodge when they stopped that program to keep athletes eligible???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT