ADVERTISEMENT

Canadian Maritimes

You don't have to, it's just a quote.
I know lol, I was just saying. Plenty of other things in life are equally or more fulfilling, IMO.

To me, local travelling is much more enjoyable. It's a ton of fun for me to find a new place (natural place or a man-made place) within an hour of my home that I can go to again a second or third or fourth time. I get more excitement from that (long-term) than going to a far-off locale that I know I'll only see once.

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
I know lol, I was just saying. Plenty of other things in life are equally or more fulfilling, IMO.

To me, local travelling is much more enjoyable. It's a ton of fun for me to find a new place (natural place or a man-made place) within an hour of my home that I can go to again a second or third or fourth time. I get more excitement from that (long-term) than going to a far-off locale that I know I'll only see once.

Local travelling is still travelling. Granted, you lose the experience of being taken out of your comfort zone that you get with long distance travelling, but to each their own.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Local travelling is still travelling. Granted, you lose the experience of being taken out of your comfort zone that you get with long distance travelling, but to each their own.
And that's the rub for me. I HATE being out of my comfort zone. I'm a big comfort zone guy. If I find myself outside my comfort zone, I want to get back in it as soon as humanly possible.

Been an interesting couple of days. My phone died yesterday so no Twitter updates. It's been a blessing and curse to be completely off the grid. I would say more of a blessing. Much easier to "be here now" when not constantly messing with my phone.

I've been in Canada for three days and today is the first time I saw the sun. I paddled Lake Kejimkujik in pouring rain yesterday but still, it was easily the most amazing place I've ever paddled. Absolutely beautiful, even though I ended up soaked to the bone. Thank goodness the rain finally stopped last night and I could dry out by the campfire.

I'm in Halifax this evening. Today I visited The Citadel, the Halifax Public Gardens, the Emera Oval, and toured Alexander Keith Brewery. Had a fantastic dinner of sashimi tuna and scallops. Tomorrow I'm off to Cape Breton Highlands National Park, so I likely won't be connected again until Wednesday at the earliest.

Looks like you are having a great trip.

Just out of curiosity, how did you get a campfire going with wet wood?

And that's the rub for me. I HATE being out of my comfort zone. I'm a big comfort zone guy. If I find myself outside my comfort zone, I want to get back in it as soon as humanly possible.

The more you step outside of your comfort zone, the easier it becomes and you will have memorable and enjoyable (and some not so enjoyable) experiences that would be impossible otherwise.

Plus, there's the opportunity cost of paying for an expensive vacation. That money could go toward numerous other things, be them material things or what have you.

No one is trying to talk you into traveling, I'm not anyway. To me travel is one of life's great joys and well worth the expense but to each his own. I will never go to all the places I want to in my lifetime.

Looks like you are having a great trip.

Just out of curiosity, how did you get a campfire going with wet wood?
God bless the Canadian Park System. There is a huge stack of wood at each campsite, and it sits under a shelter that's roughly 3 meters by 1 meter. When I got to the site, I set up my camp chair under the shelter and waited (and waited, and waited) about two hours until the rain relented enough to let me set up my tent.

I somehow managed to bring my phone back from the dead. It's squirrly -- more like zombie phone -- but I should be able to poast some pics when I get to the hotel tonight.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Hung out with three Canadian chicks at the campsite last night. Before any of you preverts asks, nothing happened. But I did introduce them to Kentucky Bourbon and got one chick totally hammered. She was the adventuous one, apparently. I'm not proud about it but I took a hilarious pic of her while she was stil sleeping this morning that I'll poast later.

I just did that to piss off THN.
It's working, Mr. Eurotrash Metric System.

Hung out with three Canadian chicks at the campsite last night. Before any of you preverts asks, nothing happened. But I did introduce them to Kentucky Bourbon and got one chick totally hammered. She was the adventuous one, apparently. I'm not proud about it but I took a hilarious pic of her while she was stil sleeping this morning that I'll poast later.
Dude...........

opportunemoment.gif

Reactions: tarheel0910
I just booked a trip to Maine for late September. My wife hasn't been to Acadia (and it's been over 20 years since I was there) so we're going for a belated 10th anniversary. We thought about Nova Scotia, but this works better for us this year.

I just booked a trip to Maine for late September. My wife hasn't been to Acadia (and it's been over 20 years since I was there) so we're going for a belated 10th anniversary. We thought about Nova Scotia, but this works better for us this year.
Bar Harbor and Acadia are nice.

This is Val. Val had never had bourbon before last Tuesday night. Val liked the bourbon. Val thought she could drink as much bourbon as yours truly. Val failed badly. Val never made it to her tent that night. Val couldn't even stay on her air mattress. Val had a terrible hangover in the morning.

When her friend Michelle emerged from the tent that morning, she took one look at Val, looked at me, and asked, "What did you do to my friend?!" LOL.

IMG_0395-4_dq133u.jpg

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
This is Val. Val had never had bourbon before last Tuesday night. Val liked the bourbon. Val thought she could drink as much bourbon as yours truly. Val failed badly. Val never made it to her tent that night. Val couldn't even stay on her air mattress. Val had a terrible hangover in the morning.

When her friend Michelle emerged from the tent that morning, she took one look at Val, looked at me, and asked, "What did you do to my friend?!" LOL.

IMG_0395-4_dq133u.jpg
F**k Val, how many Pokemon do you have and what level are you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT