ADVERTISEMENT

Canes lose

I'll say it again: Richt was brain dead to shuck the historic Miami offense of passing QBs. It may get him fired.

For example, if Richt had realized his mistake last year and gotten ECU's Minshew to be a grad transfer to Miami, the Canes likely would be dominating the Coastal.

Leach got Minshew and has him set up to receive Heisman votes.

Leach wanted the Miami job when Golden got it. Miami screwed up that one.

If Miami is rethinking the mark richt hire would we have him here.....assuming we have an opening?

I would stop watching UNC football if they hire Richt. If his own alma mater will can him, that's pretty obvious.

You guys do realize it's only his third year right? He won 9 games his first year and 10 in his second. He can still win 9 this year.

You guys do realize it's only his third year right? He won 9 games his first year and 10 in his second. He can still win 9 this year.
Richt is a great coach for winning just enough to not get the big prize and lose plenty of head scratchers in the process. He's had success, but he manages to fail at the worst times, and often.

Richt is a great coach for winning just enough to not get the big prize and lose plenty of head scratchers in the process. He's had success, but he manages to fail at the worst times, and often.
Not sure why you hate him so much. There are how many active coaches that have won the big prize? 3 or 4? Using that as a measuring stick, makes zero sense. Personally, I'd rather have a coach that takes us to a big game and loses instead of one that isn't going to get us there.

Not sure why you hate him so much. There are how many active coaches that have won the big prize? 3 or 4? Using that as a measuring stick, makes zero sense. Personally, I'd rather have a coach that takes us to a big game and loses instead of one that isn't going to get us there.
Richt poops the bed way too often. It's like being a Vikings fan in the 70s, or Bills in the 90s.

Yeah. He's just like Roy and Dean in the first half of their careers. Always lost the big game.
Good point. Try and imagine their legacies if they never won a championship.

Richt at Georgia is what you will get. He will always have winning records. But, UGA wants a National Championship. Smart can do that. Richt will not get there.

That's me... sadly.

Oh well, I can always blame it on the Raiders & Steelers being roided up about a decade before everyone else caught on. :eek:
You have great memories, but I'm guessing that coming up short 4 times is the one that you remember the most.

Luckily for me, I really only have memories of watching the last two losses. But yeah, Fran Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, Alan Page were fun to watch.
It's weird how I can remember full rosters from my childhood, but I can barely remember a dozen players from the Redskins in the last 20 years.

Washington having won 3 Super Bowls is sort of the precedent you want to get back to, if you're a fan. UNC has never been a perennial football presence, That I'm aware of, anyway. When I was a kid, they were pretty good for the ACC, and then in the 90's they were about the same, with the peak when Mack Brown left. Other than that... meh.

If he is struggling in Miami, how do you think he would do here?
My questions for him in an interview would be: Why did it not work at Miami? Why did it work very well at UGA? What have you learned from each, and how would that make you the UNC coach to win an ACC championship after 40 years of wandering in the wilderness?

My questions for him in an interview would be: Why did it not work at Miami? Why did it work very well at UGA? What have you learned from each, and how would that make you the UNC coach to win an ACC championship after 40 years of wandering in the wilderness?
Uga - we could pay players
Miami - we cannot chest at that level

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT