ADVERTISEMENT

Canes vs. Gators

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
13-7 Miami at the half.

Both teams have missed a slew of tackles. Miami's OL has issues, and I assume Bateman is charting them. Miami QB Williams is definitely better than both Rozier and Perry were last year.

I had posted on another thread that this game was painful to watch as it brought back memories of team last year--penalties, dumb play calls, etc. I really hope the coaching staff have gotten the players more prepared so that the penalties and all will stop.

I had posted on another thread that this game was painful to watch as it brought back memories of team last year--penalties, dumb play calls, etc. I really hope the coaching staff have gotten the players more prepared so that the penalties and all will stop.
We’ll have some procedure calls because we’re learning new schemes. I guarantee the stupid personal foul penalties will occur must less frequently. Play calling should be better as well.

Reactions: illinihorn
I can watch but so Much College Football , if that was no# 8 versus a right outside the top 20 team, then it will be a long year..

Me, I prefer all college sports to pro sports.

I have no clue how you do it, the mistakes and the incredible difference in the talent pool makes it a hard watch for me..

I mean Alabama plays Dook saturday, you would watch that? Hard Pass for me

I have no clue how you do it, the mistakes and the incredible difference in the talent pool makes it a hard watch for me..

I mean Alabama plays Dook saturday, you would watch that? Hard Pass for me
I'm with Archer2. If you really want to keep up with UNC sports, you have to keep up with the ACC. And if you do that, you have very little time for pro sports. I barely take notice of the MLB until the CWS is over. And before you know it, CFB starts, and MLB is on the back burner. By the time CFB ends, CBB is in full swing, which means I pay some attention to NFL playoffs and no attention to the NBA. That continues as Tar Heel baseball and lacrosse take off.

I'm with Archer2. If you really want to keep up with UNC sports, you have to keep up with the ACC. And if you do that, you have very little time for pro sports. I barely take notice of the MLB until the CWS is over. And before you know it, CFB starts, and MLB is on the back burner. By the time CFB ends, CBB is in full swing, which means I pay some attention to NFL playoffs and no attention to the NBA. That continues as Tar Heel baseball and lacrosse take off.

I watch Pro because its Elite players, I hate it sometimes but in the end an NFL CB player is not going to grab a receiver on 4th and 37.. I know some love it but how many times Saturday did you see a coach tell a Guy How bad He F'd up by just being a Kid.. I get it I understand I just can't dedicate 1500 hours to a season of it, I will watch 10-15 full games of College football this year total ..

I won’t watch 10 full NFL games this season. I’ve only watched a couple entire MLB games thus far. But I will watch more during the wind down and the playoffs. It’s my favorite sport as far as pro sports go.

Sometimes it has a lot to do with who your team is, If you are a Yankees, Red Sox Dodgers Astros fan you probably watch more..If you are a Orioles fan or Marlins maybe not so much.. same with the other sports, If you were a Patriots fan growing up you wouldn't miss a second of the last 20 years for example...

Sometimes but not always. Don’t much care for the attitude of pro athletes these days. They seem to be progressively less humble, more self centered, and more greedy every year.

I can't exactly argue that point since most of them are Not good examples of humble people... I am in just for the level of play, Don't get me wrong I Do not sit around and watch Pro Sports all the time.. I watch MLB Baseball Playoffs, NBA periodically, a decent amount of Hockey around 40-50 games and watch NFL for sure... I have a cut off point, I used to make my wife change Birthday plans for the Kids to meet my viewing requirements, Now That only stands for post season games.... Got to have some type of sickness I guess, I don't drink or smoke lol

Sometimes it has a lot to do with who your team is, If you are a Yankees, Red Sox Dodgers Astros fan you probably watch more..If you are a Orioles fan or Marlins maybe not so much.. same with the other sports, If you were a Patriots fan growing up you wouldn't miss a second of the last 20 years for example...
All of that is true, and here is the difference that makes college sports special to me: I watch every second of a UNC football season I can, even when the team wins 2 games.

The fandom in college sports is different.

I can't exactly argue that point since most of them are Not good examples of humble people... I am in just for the level of play, Don't get me wrong I Do not sit around and watch Pro Sports all the time.. I watch MLB Baseball Playoffs, NBA periodically, a decent amount of Hockey around 40-50 games and watch NFL for sure... I have a cut off point, I used to make my wife change Birthday plans for the Kids to meet my viewing requirements, Now That only stands for post season games.... Got to have some type of sickness I guess, I don't drink or smoke lol
It's a good thing you don't drink. The last 2 football seasons could turn a normal social drinker into a lush.

For me, I watch more High School and College Football than I do Pro Football, and have to agree with Archer that the Pro players have a lot to do with that....I seldom if ever watch any NBA basketball until the playoffs, and then I only watch a little until the final...NBA basketball just doesn't have the appeal for me that it did when MJ, Magic and Bird were playing...

The last several years I found myself watching less and less of Carolina Football, but that is about to change in a big way this year because of Mack Brown, and what he's already done to improve the Football program in the short time that he has been back...

As for Carolina basketball, I have some long time friends that generally come over to watch every game on the weekends along with weekday games as long as they don't start too late....I don't miss too many Tar Heel basketball games, and my hope is that Carolina Football is once again on the rise to the point that I won't miss any of those either starting with this Saturday's games against the ACC conference traitors from Columbia....

What does bring a smile to my face is how much a non-factor South Carolina has become since joining the SEC....No Conference titles since they left the ACC, and that makes me happy!

Whoever has the job of cleaning the dust off their trophies is not busy for long!

Reactions: JimmyinVA
I haven't watched a full UNC game in 3 years so I am looking forward to making a comeback also

For me, I watch more High School and College Football than I do Pro Football, and have to agree with Archer that the Pro players have a lot to do with that....I seldom if ever watch any NBA basketball until the playoffs, and then I only watch a little until the final...NBA basketball just doesn't have the appeal for me that it did when MJ, Magic and Bird were playing...

The last several years I found myself watching less and less of Carolina Football, but that is about to change in a big way this year because of Mack Brown, and what he's already done to improve the Football program in the short time that he has been back...

As for Carolina basketball, I have some long time friends that generally come over to watch every game on the weekends along with weekday games as long as they don't start too late....I don't miss too many Tar Heel basketball games, and my hope is that Carolina Football is once again on the rise to the point that I won't miss any of those either starting with this Saturday's games against the ACC conference traitors from Columbia....

What does bring a smile to my face is how much a non-factor South Carolina has become since joining the SEC....No Conference titles since they left the ACC, and that makes me happy!

Whoever has the job of cleaning the dust off their trophies is not busy for long!
The craziest of the SoCar fans when the school left the ACC asserted that they felt that SoCar could become like UGA or even Bama in football and like Moo or maybe even UK in basketball, but only if they left the ACC.

None it will ever come close to happening. And SoCar will never have an SEC rivalry that burns hot every year. Geographically, Georgia would be the most likely, but the Dawgs rivalries with GT, Auburn, Florida, and even Tennessee will never be equaled by a rivalry with SoCar.

Arkansas used to be in a similar position, but Arkansas has played former SWC rival A&M 75 times. It is a rivalry that matters because it has real history as well as geography. And Missouri has entered the SEC with nobody, which means that Missouri fans must create as hot a border state rivalry as possible with Arkansas or be like SoCar. Nobody in the SEC East feels even the slightest need to make SoCar even its 4th most important rival.

Well, out of charity and the fact of the SEC placing it in the East, Missouri might. But the geography makes it wasted effort.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
They have to have time to practice their dancing and prancing with the new touchdown rings.
santa-rides-reindeer-sleigh-flying-in-the-sky-vector-20809142-300x212.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT