ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Baseball set for 15 TV games

JohnGwaltney

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 30, 2011
BY: UNC Athletic Communications

GREENSBORO, N.C. --- The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the broadcast coverage Thursday for its Olympic sports for the upcoming spring season, and North Carolina baseball will be featured 15 times across ESPNU, ESPN3 and RSN. In addition to Carolina's 15 appearances on the ACC package, another 21 home games will be streamed live on GoHeelsTV.

"It's great to see this year's spring sports coverage reaching new heights which provides our players, schools and league with unprecedented exposure," said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. "The ongoing commitment shown by our television partners is appreciated as our fans will now have more access than ever before in following the ACC and its member schools."

ESPN3 will broadcast the Pittsburgh (March 7-9), Georgia Tech (March 21-23), and Virginia Tech (April 25-27) series, as well as the Florida State game on May 9 and a pair of games at Miami on May 15 and 16. Carolina's game at Virginia will be shown on the ACC Regional Sports Network as will the May 10 game against FSU. The regular season finale at Miami on May 17 will be carried by ESPNU.

In addition to the regular season, the entire ACC Championship will be shown on RSN May 20-24 before ESPN2 takes over for the title game at 1 p.m. on May 25.

A total of 191 ACC spring contests will appear on ESPN networks including two on ESPN2, 28 on ESPNU and 161 on ESPN3. An additional 34 games will appear on the league's regional sports networks, which include FOX Sports South, FOX Sports Carolina, FOX Sports Florida, Sun Sports, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, NESN, ROOT Sports Pittsburgh, YES Network, and MSG Network. Eleven baseball games will be carried by CSS, and six additional events will be broadcast by the ACC Digital Network.

All games carried on an ESPN network or a regional sport network will also be available on WatchESPN.

This post was edited on 2/6 8:11 PM by JohnGwaltney

Originally posted by JohnGwaltney:

In addition to Carolina's 15 appearances on the ACC package, another 21 home games will be streamed live on GoHeelsTV.
This is great. I'll probably renew my subscription so I can watch online. I've enjoyed coming home after work and unwinding with a beer and some UNC baseball in the spring and summer.
happy.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT