ADVERTISEMENT

CBS SportsWinners and Losers Week 1

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Loser: ACC
"Last week, ACC favorite Florida State lost earlier in the calendar year than any ranked team since 1997. This week, the damage only got worse. NC State needed a late push just to survive FCS Western Carolina. Virginia Tech lost a thriller with Vanderbilt. Stanford blew a halftime lead against TCU. Clemson got flattened by Georgia and looks nowhere close to competing for anything of substance.

Across the conference, the only teams to overperform their station so far are Miami and Georgia Tech. While the expanded College Football Playoff means a conference team is guaranteed a slot in the party, at-large cases can be won or lost in September.

With such a poor showing against the other conferences, the ACC's at-large hopes are already on life support. With NC State vs. Tennessee, California at Auburn and BYU at SMU on the schedule next week, the conference desperately needs some good news. "

And nobody is saying that HOF Mack Brown can help the ACC even the smallest bit.

Miami looked good, can they keep it up for the whole season? NC State looked flat… just first game kinks that needed to be worked out, or warnings of bigger issues? Pitt looks like they may have a bounce back year, though hard to tell for sure against a bad Kent State team. But the offense was clicking and not the same snooze fest of a year ago.

Miami looked good, can they keep it up for the whole season? NC State looked flat… just first game kinks that needed to be worked out, or warnings of bigger issues? Pitt looks like they may have a bounce back year, though hard to tell for sure against a bad Kent State team. But the offense was clicking and not the same snooze fest of a year ago.
I gotta give it to Narduzzi, a crusty old DC, who decided he had to take a risk. He hired the very young Kade Bell, son of WCU HC Kerwin Bell, as OC. Kade had been the OC of those high flying Catamount offenses. It might all have been Dad, a former star QB at Florida, but Narduzzi knows he must take some risks to get a top staff with new ideas.

Even when Mack finally replaces a poor assistant coach, he does so in a conventional manner with the focus on this long time friends and their friends.

AS we have Moo barely getting by 1AA WCU and the national media bashing the ACC for that, I will again set that the ACC shooed ban its members from playing any 1AA school. Also, UNC and Moo shouodnever play any 1A school located in NC that is not in the ACC - no ECU or App or Charlotte, etc.

AS we have Moo barely getting by 1AA WCU and the national media bashing the ACC for that, I will again set that the ACC shooed ban its members from playing any 1AA school. Also, UNC and Moo shouodnever play any 1A school located in NC that is not in the ACC - no ECU or App or Charlotte, etc.
I generally agree with you but there is a bigger picture here even for a UNC fan.. I like having to play those non-con in-state teams like ECU, even though it isn't always directly beneficial to us. A good football climate in the State helps garner interest and develops talent that might end up with us. That might be e bit of a rationalization, but what would we do without a good rationalization now and then.

I generally agree with you but there is a bigger picture here even for a UNC fan.. I like having to play those non-con in-state teams like ECU, even though it isn't always directly beneficial to us. A good football climate in the State helps garner interest and develops talent that might end up with us. That might be e bit of a rationalization, but what would we do without a good rationalization now and then.
Small time thinking football about always guarantees Small Time football. How often do you see Bama playing UAB or Troy or Jacksonville St or South AL?

If UNC cannot recruit NC talent well, then the problem cannot be solved by playing ECU and App.

Small time thinking football about always guarantees Small Time football. How often do you see Bama playing UAB or Troy or Jacksonville St or South AL?

If UNC cannot recruit NC talent well, then the problem cannot be solved by playing ECU and App.
how often do you equate UNC football with Alabama football? How often do you see a low ranked boxer improve his rank by getting in the ring with a Mike Tyson?

Let's talk about getting good at crawling and walking before we talk about Olympic pole vaulting. When we're really good at crawling and walking, I can begin to agree with you.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT