ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson sues ACC

GT/UGA, Clemson/lil carolina, UK/UL are just a few examples of rivals that have been able to fit in an annual football game despite being in different conferences. No reason UNC/moo can't be the same. I would prefer it be UNC/duke and I would guess most people under 40 on both sides of the moo rivalry wouldn't care about playing them regularly.

ETA: and it might even get easier with conference championship games possibly being replaced by a 13th game.
I think there are some that might prefer the "South's oldest Rivalry". I'm not sure where I fall between having to choose Duke or Moo, but my point is that we can't keep all three in fball, probably not in hoops either.

Good point about a 13th game though. That would be a nice bonus.

I think there are some that might prefer the "South's oldest Rivalry". I'm not sure where I fall between having to choose Duke or Moo, but my point is that we can't keep all three in fball, probably not in hoops either.

Good point about a 13th game though. That would be a nice bonus.
South's oldest rivalry won't be an issue since UVA will almost certainly be in the same conference as us.

From FSU
Thursday Morning Update:

The legal proceedings are a means to an end and will not keep FSU in the ACC. Period. We are out and and I now expect even lower exit fees and no GOR penalty. And I also expect criminal charges/counter suits for damages to be issued against the ACC and John Swofford before this is over...
This is being kept so close to the vest inside FSU that coaches and irreplaceable staff have no clue where we are going, just that we are out soon.

1. We will have to play our 2024 schedule, whether we are in the ACC or Independent this year. It is too late to change travel, hotel, and airline arrangements. The first thing that would change if we played a different schedule would be the travel plans for hotels and charter jets, this has not been done as of today.

2. We will be in the same category as Notre Dame. It may benefit us to not play a conference championship game and have that extra bye week. If we are 12-0 we are in the CFP.

Next Victory Celebration - Orlando on Saturday - All afternoon and concluding with the Magic-Grizzlies NBA game. Come on over and say hello!

Not from FSU...from a FSU poster (Regal Nole) who has posted all sorts of stuff for a year...

Not from FSU...from a FSU poster (Regal Nole) who has posted all sorts of stuff for a year...
You know what I would love to see UNC/FSU/Miami/Clemson break off with PSU and ND to make a new "Big East" Conference. Hear me out. The money that those 6 schools could generate could rival the BIG and SEC. SO here is my proposal.

North Division

Notre Dame
Penn State
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Rutgers
Maryland
Syracuse
Cincinatti

South
Clemson
Miami
FSU
UNC
NC St
Duke
GTech
Tulane

You know what I would love to see UNC/FSU/Miami/Clemson break off with PSU and ND to make a new "Big East" Conference. Hear me out. The money that those 6 schools could generate could rival the BIG and SEC. SO here is my proposal.

North Division

Notre Dame
Penn State
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Rutgers
Maryland
Syracuse
Cincinatti

South
Clemson
Miami
FSU
UNC
NC St
Duke
GTech
Tulane
Well, Rutgers, Pitt, Maryland, Cincy, Duke, GT and Tulane bring zero fans for football. Then you have NCSt and UNC who are marginal in football viewership. Miami is a mid draw, but no home stadium and very small private school, whose longterm commitment to football may be nearing an end.

Then you have FSU/Clemson/Tulane/Cincy/ PSU/Rutgers/ Miami that bring nothing in Basketball. Thats a tough sell.

Well, Rutgers, Pitt, Maryland, Cincy, Duke, GT and Tulane bring zero fans for football. Then you have NCSt and UNC who are marginal in football viewership. Miami is a mid draw, but no home stadium and very small private school, whose longterm commitment to football may be nearing an end.

Then you have FSU/Clemson/Tulane/Cincy/ PSU/Rutgers/ Miami that bring nothing in Basketball. Thats a tough sell.
I see why you may say that BUT I think this could be a great conference and here is why.

1. The "Football Schools" PSU, ND, Clemson, FSU, WVU have a fever fan base that draws very well. There are natural rivalries that could end up on National TV games
FSU vs Miami-Miami not too far off from being Miami again and back in the 1990's that was the game to watch
WVU vs Pitt- The backyard brawl Nuff said
UNC vs NC St- this game has been very entertaining and will continue to be for years
ND vs PSU, FSU, Clemson, WVU all would be great draws
ND vs Miami- Convicts vs Catholics every year
PSU vs Pitt- was huge and would continue to be huge
Clemson vs FSU- top programs
WVU vs Syracuse- was once a huge rival game
PSU vs Syracuse - would take the NE TV market

2. The cities that would be covered by this conference would be a substantial $$$$$ Gain
Philly, Pitt, Atlanta, New Orleans, Cincy, NYC, Raleigh/Durham, Balt/DC, Miami. Notre Dame is a National Following. WVU has the entire state of WV and would probably get some of Western MD. Syracuse would get all of upstate NY and Buffalo.

3. Recruiting ground extremely fertile. PA, NJ, MD, NC, GA, FL, LA, OH.

4. Teams with Strong Name recognition - Everyone knows PSU, ND, UNC, Duke, Clemson, FSU, Miami, WVU.

5. Very strong basketball- UNC, Duke now NC State, Clemson, Syracuse, Pitt had 22 wins Maryland has good Basketball history and Cincy had 22 wins this year and Clemson had a breakout year with 24 wins. Also very strong Basketball recruiting grounds with NYC, Philly, DC, ect.

6. Very strong academic conference. 9 are AAU universities. PSU, Rutgers, Maryland, Pitt, UNC, Duke, Tulane, G Tech, Miami, and Notre Dame and Syracuse are strong academic universities , NC State does have a great engineering program.

7. Travel would be very manageable. Teams and fans could travel with , less expense than before

Reactions: captain3jack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT