ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Tarheel

carnac0808.jpg

Did anybody see what he said? Words of wisdom from a South Carolina chicken are precious.

I'm sure many of you have heard some of the idiotic delusion of Gamecock fans. I thank you for breaking their hearts. My days (summer) as a young boy spending summers in Chapel Hill have left me always pulling for UNC. I uncle (married my mom's sister) was a professor at UNC in the 1960's, teaching Greek and Latin. Again thank you for stealing the Uof SC (USuc) Gamecock's mojo. They are now in fear of Appalachian State.

I'm sure many of you have heard some of the idiotic delusion of Gamecock fans. I thank you for breaking their hearts. My days (summer) as a young boy spending summers in Chapel Hill have left me always pulling for UNC. I uncle (married my mom's sister) was a professor at UNC in the 1960's, teaching Greek and Latin. Again thank you for stealing the Uof SC (USuc) Gamecock's mojo. They are now in fear of Appalachian State.
Holy crap those cock fans were some of the worst I've ever seen, and we have to deal with delusional moo fans so that's saying something.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Holy crap those cock fans were some of the worst I've ever seen, and we have to deal with delusional moo fans so that's saying something.

We at Tiger Illustrated got a kick out of the cell phone video of the fight outside of the stadium after UNC beat USC. It was fun watching UNC beat the Gamecocks on the football field, and then watch the UNC boys beat them up in the fight also!!!

I’m back. I had to delete my post. My rivals troll name is Raging Cock. In my free time, I enjoy screwing with the Gamecocks on their message board but I got banned this morning.

Anyway. Hello Tarheels! My wife and are coming to the game this weekend. We are both Clemson graduates. Mom is a UNC grad and both parents are season ticket holders. I grew up bleeding Carolina Blue. My allegiance has shifted to Clemson but I still pull for the Heels in basketball... even over my Tigers. Hence the name Clemson Tarheel.

A little classier than Raging Cock. One thing I am sure we all agree on... the Real Carolina is in Chapel Hill and Gamecocks are the NC State of the SEC.

We are coming in Friday night. Looking for some good advice on things to do. I haven’t spent much time in Chapel Hill since summers at basketball camp.

As far as the football game, I expect we will be too much for you guys. I can’t see you keeping up with our team speed and depth. Plus, I’ve been watching you guys all year. I know you have some key injuries and you are young. The line is about right. Mack has things on the right track though. Nobody pulled harder than I did for you guys against the Cocks. I enjoyed that as much as beating Bama. That’s an arrogant bunch for never winning anything.

Clemson fans pride themselves on being friendly to our opponents and I expect you’ll see the same on Saturday. I expect we will bring 25K and we definitely love to tailgate and invite opposing fans to eat and have a beer. Don’t be afraid to say hello to anyone in Orange. If you ever make it to Death Valley, it will feel like a family reunion, even if you are wearing blue. It’s hard to believe our fanbase has anything in common with South Carolina fans. I know they acted like trash in Charlotte. That’s who they are.

I follow UNC pretty close due to my family connections. Happy to answer any questions about the Tigers. I hope we win but hope you guys stay healthy and make a bowl this year. It always makes a better Christmas with Mom and Dad!

I’m back. I had to delete my post. My rivals troll name is Raging Cock. In my free time, I enjoy screwing with the Gamecocks on their message board but I got banned this morning.

Anyway. Hello Tarheels! My wife and are coming to the game this weekend. We are both Clemson graduates. Mom is a UNC grad and both parents are season ticket holders. I grew up bleeding Carolina Blue. My allegiance has shifted to Clemson but I still pull for the Heels in basketball... even over my Tigers. Hence the name Clemson Tarheel.

A little classier than Raging Cock. One thing I am sure we all agree on... the Real Carolina is in Chapel Hill and Gamecocks are the NC State of the SEC.

We are coming in Friday night. Looking for some good advice on things to do. I haven’t spent much time in Chapel Hill since summers at basketball camp.

As far as the football game, I expect we will be too much for you guys. I can’t see you keeping up with our team speed and depth. Plus, I’ve been watching you guys all year. I know you have some key injuries and you are young. The line is about right. Mack has things on the right track though. Nobody pulled harder than I did for you guys against the Cocks. I enjoyed that as much as beating Bama. That’s an arrogant bunch for never winning anything.

Clemson fans pride themselves on being friendly to our opponents and I expect you’ll see the same on Saturday. I expect we will bring 25K and we definitely love to tailgate and invite opposing fans to eat and have a beer. Don’t be afraid to say hello to anyone in Orange. If you ever make it to Death Valley, it will feel like a family reunion, even if you are wearing blue. It’s hard to believe our fanbase has anything in common with South Carolina fans. I know they acted like trash in Charlotte. That’s who they are.

I follow UNC pretty close due to my family connections. Happy to answer any questions about the Tigers. I hope we win but hope you guys stay healthy and make a bowl this year. It always makes a better Christmas with Mom and Dad!

I'm suspicious? I am going to have to see if you know the secret handshake or something...;)

Class of ‘96. President of Phi Delta Theta. Lived on Bradley Hall and ate a lot of Little Dino’s. Bought my music at Manifest and drank a lot of beer at The Gameroom. First date with my wife was out at the beach at 12 mile. Legit.

*Tar Heel

25K is half the stadium. Could happen, I guess, but I sure hope not.

I probably overestimated. We travel well and I know a lot of Clemson fans that are going. How many does Kenan hold now? I expect we will have a large contingent. I know we will be loud.

Question: A lot of Clemson fans stand the entire game. They are called stands for a reason. Personally, I enjoy standing for the action. This understandably could be seen as rude by opposing fans. How would you recommend addressing it if my seats are in front of UNC fans? I don’t want to be a jerk but I get into the game. Just want to be respectful.

I probably overestimated. We travel well and I know a lot of Clemson fans that are going. How many does Kenan hold now? I expect we will have a large contingent. I know we will be loud.

Question: A lot of Clemson fans stand the entire game. They are called stands for a reason. Personally, I enjoy standing for the action. This understandably could be seen as rude by opposing fans. How would you recommend addressing it if my seats are in front of UNC fans? I don’t want to be a jerk but I get into the game. Just want to be respectful.
Kenan Stadium’s capacity was reduced to 50,500 a couple of years ago. While that might seem to be trending the wrong way, it has made the stadium more fan friendly, IMO, and I like having an actual seat with a seat back instead of a spot on an aluminum plank. Of course, I am old, so there’s that.
Also, standing the entire game might not be the best idea in Kenan. Many of our fans have gotten better about standing for third downs, etc., but I don’t think much goodwill will be directed your way if you choose to stand the majority of the game. Again, JMO.

You'll be told to sit and then if you don't, someone will go get an usher and try to have you removed.

Lame, but the truth.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll probably just adjust to the crowd around me. We have some Clemson fans that get upset with people standing too. I get it. Especially if you are older. I always try to be as respectful as possible to the people around me. Looking forward to a good environment and beers in the stadium!

No way we have 25k fans. That said, I can’t find any tickets on Tigerillustrated, and I can always find tickets there. So we will have a lot

Parking question? Where can you park? I don't mind paying $$ just want something somewhat near or on campus. All the paid lots online said unavailable. Are there not like houses or churches or something that you can pay $20 to park? TIA

Parking question? Where can you park? I don't mind paying $$ just want something somewhat near or on campus. All the paid lots online said unavailable. Are there not like houses or churches or something that you can pay $20 to park? TIA
There are only a couple lots where you can pre-pay for parking. There's plenty of other public parking available near the stadium. I typically recommend the Cardinal Parking Deck and Jackson Parking Deck.

https://northcarolina.forums.rivals...ill-visitors-guide-for-sporting-events.56138/

There are also houses and churches that offer parking but I don't know the location for any of them offhand.

UNC fans standing? @TarHeelNation11 has been triggered.
The game that showed me there was a huge problem in that regard was against Dook to close the '83 regular season. UNC had begun the season 7-0, and then the Crum problems had manifested themselves in 3 losses. Dook QB Ben Bennett could fire the ball all over the field, and Dook was bowl worthy. It was a classic ready to happen.

I think a number of seats were moved for the game because of temporary lights brought in. And wouldn't you know it, behind me were about 5 rows of stuffed-shirts. They could not get loud about the game, and apparently never rose from the seat for more than 10 seconds, but they could get loud complaining about those of us who stood.

Things like that were the reason that when Sam Cassell a decade later called UNC fans wine and cheese fans, I laughed because he was correct.

My UNC dad has told me some crazy things he’s seen from the UNC fanbase over his years as a season ticket holder. He said some of them will get loud when your OFFENSE has a third down. He played at Davidson and just laughs at them.

If it makes you feel better, most of our fans are clueless about basketball!!!

Looking forward to a good game and meeting some great people!

Is this for real? Is it actually against the ticket contract, or stadium rules, to stand?
Not sure if it’s a rule per se but it falls under the “disturbing the enjoyment of others” criteria. I haven’t seen anyone complain about people standing in a while but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if it happened again.

I sat in the student section with my cousin and a few of her friends a few years back. It was actually kind of impressive how little some of the students around us knew about football.

My wife and I are staying about 10 miles out near the interstate. I was thinking about taking an Uber for gameday just so I don’t have to deal with parking and we could hit the bars after the game. It’s just us so we probably won’t tailgate but grab drinks downtown.

Any advice on this plan?

My wife and I are staying about 10 miles out near the interstate. I was thinking about taking an Uber for gameday just so I don’t have to deal with parking and we could hit the bars after the game. It’s just us so we probably won’t tailgate but grab drinks downtown.

Any advice on this plan?

Park and Ride lots are a good altenative - University Mall, Friday Center, Southern Village etc. You take the bus in for $5 round-trip.

Enjoy the game. We'll be there, Expecting us to get blown out. I think App St. would give you all a better game. It will be something like 49-13, with the Heels getting two fields and adding a touchdown very late in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raging Cock
Park and Ride lots are a good altenative - University Mall, Friday Center, Southern Village etc. You take the bus in for $5 round-trip.
Tar Heel Express shuttles are cost-effective but you sacrifice convenience by having to follow their schedule. For example, they stop running 45 minutes after the game. They can also get really full. After a hot afternoon game, being crammed into a small space with sweaty, smelly people can be an unpleasant experience.

Any advice on this plan?
This is an excellent plan.

Reactions: Raging Cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT