ADVERTISEMENT

Clint - Future Back Court

RobJones__

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 9, 2010
Lexington, KY
Clint, I've said several times that I want/think we're in a good position to get Curt Jones most of the spring. The more time that has passed since Kenny Williams pledge has me wondering if that would still happen.

With Williams expected to be a 3-4 year player do you think that changes the priority level for landing Jones in 2016? Hypothetically speaking, most have expected an offer to go out to Matt Coleman in 2017 and again feel like we have at least just as good a chance as any to get him.

Again hypothetically, if we were to add Jones AND Coleman, what would you feel about that back court of Williams, Jones, Felton and Coleman? Coleman obviosuly a 1 all the way. Williams more of the combo and Jones more of the shooting 2. Felton then is the most gifted and natural 2.

I guess my thoughts are that if playing time comes down to a sophomore Jones or a freshmen Felton, you'd have to give the lion's share to Felton. If we also had Coleman in the mix I feel like that would leave Jones on the bench a lot (and would he be ok with that?).

I really like the interchangable parts those 4 would bring and think that would give UNC a solid back court for several years. I digress, what are your thoughts on Jones now that Kenny Williams is on board?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News