ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Davis

khalidha

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2001
I was extremely shocked by our late season run this season but I'm not ready to label Coach Davis the Goat just yet. ;-)

This season will be interesting since we will have a target on our back again. The Carolina mystique has worn off a little over the years. Every team believed they could beat us when before the battle was won before we stepped on the court with some teams.

One intangible that sticks out to me about Coach Davis and makes him different than most coaches... He was never the most talented guy but he got the most of the talent that he did have through believing in himself and working his butt off to maximize his strengths. He was an afterthought recruit who ended up having a solid career here (not jersey in the rafters). He turned that in to an opportunity in the league and ended up with a long successful career.

I think that storyline resonates with the Tyler Nickels of the world and the GG Jacksons! Nickel has a few strengths and a lot of question marks over his head. Jackson has a vast array of talent yet knows he can be much better. Davis can pitch them the message of come here...work your butt off...you will leave a better player and person while accomplishing some things as a team and the individual aspect will work out in the short term (draft status) and long term (NBA career and retirement). The 40 year decision is alive and well!

COACH DAVIS IS THE LIVING PERSONIFICATION OF THE 40-YEAR DECISION!

There will be ups and downs but I am growing more comfortable with our decision to make him our head coach every day.

Reactions: shun1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News