ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Fedora is out

I am by no means a Carolina fan (even though my son goes there) I am a Penn State fan but in saying that I think UNC could be and should be one of the best teams in the ACC. Great school, fertile recruiting state, updated facilities a conference that anyone can win in so why not. I say go after the best coach you can get because this is a desirable job with a huge upside. The key is to win the in state recruiting war, you need to reconnect with the high school coaches ( I am one of those) and get the NC high school player to want to come to UNC. I have been on campus it is beautiful, I have heard what the updates are going to be so facilities are going to be awesome, that UNC logo is know world wide so play that to these kids. Some may laugh but UNC should always be top 3 in the ACC every year and if you start winning the NC recruiting battle and then go national with recruiting UNC could become a national power. I mean why not

TOOOOTALLLLLY AGREEEEEEEE!

You hit the major point, UNC has got to dominate our instate recruiting, that means rebuilding relationships in many cases with guys like you. That is why I do want to see a coach that is in this region, someone some what familiar with the territory so to speak.

Reactions: sammyk
TOOOOTALLLLLY AGREEEEEEEE!

You hit the major point, UNC has got to dominate our instate recruiting, that means rebuilding relationships in many cases with guys like you. That is why I do want to see a coach that is in this region, someone some what familiar with the territory so to speak.
Well let me update that resume

Supposedly Fed is being considered for the Texas Tech job, which would get us out of the buyout.

This won’t be a total rebuild. We have a lot of talent coming back on offense. Whoever comes in will be in much better shape than could normally be expected for a program coming off of a 2 win season.

Supposedly Fed is being considered for the Texas Tech job, which would get us out of the buyout.

This won’t be a total rebuild. We have a lot of talent coming back on offense. Whoever comes in will be in much better shape than could normally be expected for a program coming off of a 2 win season.
Oh, man! That would be awesome! Texas Tech can use a coach like Fedora. I'm trying to help the vibes go in that direction!

Reactions: Archer2
I love Mack Brown and what he DID for Carolina. But no not now. We need a YOUNG dynamic DEFENSIVE minded head coach who will hire a really good O coordinator and let THAT guy use the real talent that is on this team. Meanwhile the HEAD coach needs to build a high quality defense that can actually stop teams from scoring at will
My first thought on Mack possibly returning is: Johnny Majors returned to Pitt 17 years after he left with a National Championship, and round 2 was a disaster.

Thanks. I still think Penn State would have been a great fit for the ACC, though I understand why Penn State wanted the Big Ten.
JoePa wanted the Big Ten, and he force fed it to the athletics department that he ran. Even when the Big Ten made the offer, and then put a halt to it, to think again (many BT Presidents were opposed), embarrassing PSU and JoePa on the biggest public stage, JoePa still demand the BT for PSU. He refused to consider the ACC.

I don’t see any way they hire Fed. Look for them to go after Venables hard.

I don’t see any way they hire Fed. Look for them to go after Venables hard.

I agree. I was shocked to even be reading the discussion but apparently the idea is floating around the twitterverse

I'll ask this here and probably on other threads as well. Let me preface this by saying I am only asking a question not defending Larry. I have questioned him like others have. Was just wondering if we had kept Fedora and insisted that he make some changes with the staff (new OC & DC coordinators) would it have made a difference? I would have loved for him to be successful but something just wasn’t right. We were in most games, some even with the lead, but always found new ways to lose it.

I always hoped for the best, even though a hate the style of ball Fedora brought here. Too many times we had the lead with 5 mins to go and didn't run clock and lost more than we should have. Going for two point conversions for no reason. I could go on, but good luck in your future Coach Fedora.
P.S. plz get a job so our buy out is less.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT