ADVERTISEMENT

Coby White goes off for 46 points at the John Wall Invitational!!

FranktheHeel

All-ACC
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2017

Absolutely love the energy and toughness that he plays with. His ability to finish at the rim while absorbing contact is really something that jumps out to me, he is a walking “AND 1.” I really believe that he is a guy that has a competitive nature similar to Joel’s and it will be extremely infectious toward his teammates here. Also, one of his goals over the summer was to improve his mid- range and three point shooting and this improvement has been shown so far this year which is a great sign, his hard work is paying off as he is averaging 31 points per game on the year. Another strength of his is in transition where all I can say is Good luck stopping him because he’s taking it all the way to the hoop with conviction and is very quick to boot. Coby is super motivated every time he plays, is insanely competitive and winning is extremely important to him which will all be a recipe for success at UNC. We are going to love him as Heel, simply put the kid is an absolute scoring machine!!

If Coby scores 38 points per game he will break Donald Williams' tournament record from 1990 and will pass Justin Jackson who is second place, what do those Heels hold in common both are National Champions. Just saying!!

Edited to add: Coby's final line for the night- 46 points on 12-23 shooting, 3-7 from 3 point range, 19-21 from the line,4 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 steals. @imajericho

Last edited:
He really picked up the pace after the 1st quarter.

I like that they showed a couple of his misses. Don't often see that in tapes like this. His missed dunk was fun.

Was this one of those games where they don't play much D? If not, he'll need to work on that.

He's going to shoot a million free throws. I haven't seen a kid who just puts his head down and draws contact better than him in a few years.

Jalek, Little, Coby, Luke, Kenny, Leaky, Manley. That 7 is good enough for a Final Four run next season.
Seventh will he in that rotation. I. Telling you guys the kid is special just bad luck with injuries

Reactions: Heels5150
He'll be Eighth? Should've named him Oneth.
I remember a bunch of people writing off a certain sniper on our team as well... That Williams kid has turned Ed into a cold blooded assassin for us. So I won't argue I will just say go ahead and discount t seventh at your peril

I remember a bunch of people writing off a certain sniper on our team as well... That Williams kid has turned Ed into a cold blooded assassin for us. So I won't argue I will just say go ahead and discount t seventh at your peril

I never write off a player unless they write off the Heels. (See LDII and Wears). The post you quoted listed 7 players. I responded to you with Eighth and a question mark. That and the Oneth (read as one plus th) were meant to be humorous, not literal. I was playing on his name. I will support anyone who cracks the rotation. I was very happy when Seventh chose the Heels. I wish him nothing but the best. I hate that he's not been 100%.

My humor doesn't track here. That happens more and more. It must be me.

I never write off a player unless they write off the Heels. (See LDII and Wears). The post you quoted listed 7 players. I responded to you with Eighth and a question mark. That and the Oneth (read as one plus th) were meant to be humorous, not literal. I was playing on his name. I will support anyone who cracks the rotation. I was very happy when Seventh chose the Heels. I wish him nothing but the best. I hate that he's not been 100%.

My humor doesn't track here. That happens more and more. It must be me.
It's not you if we were face timing or even talking on the phone I probably get the humor hard to get when posting on a message board or texting

Reactions: GeeWhy
I'm expecting really big things from this young man. I really like how you can see him improving as the year progresses! He has shown remarkable attention to the development suggestions he was given by the Tar Heel staff! He is a natural scorer that has developed his D, his handles, and his ability to distribute the ball! He will be a contributor from Day 1.

Reactions: FranktheHeel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT