ADVERTISEMENT

Coby White Update

Does anyone here believe he will begin climbing in the rankings soon?

He's ranked #10 on 247 and number 23 in 247s composite. This time last year he was anywhere between low 40s to high 60s. His 2017 AAU season is what led to him rocketing up in rankings (a lot of analysts said they would like to see him become a better passer for them to be comfortable enough to say he's top 20, so this 14 assists is a great start to turning some into believers in his total package not just scoring prowess).

The problem is that you don't really see crazy jump in the rankings during the winter high school season. I'm not saying it doesn't ever happen but it's definitely tempered. The big jumps in rankings usually come after AAU season when they face better competition and there's much more pro eyes on the players at the actual games...

Last edited:
He can flat out score. He has a nose for the hoop and great at drawing contact.

Reactions: gary-7
The tweet says 14 assists, but the box score says 14 rebounds. Wonder which is right. I'd guess rebounds.

Roy is the best out there. To be under the cloud we were under and to keep us at the top of college bball and identify talent others obviously missed is unprecedented!

Mr. White will soon join the ranks of the great Tar Heels we talk about for years to come!

Reactions: FranktheHeel

Coby White with the Triple Double!!
His play just keeps getting better and better, the kid is absolutely killing it!!

Last edited:
The assists are big for Coby. He's iffy as an NBA SG - he'd get drafted, but he's kinda smallish for that position. If he shows PG skills, he'll be a hell of a prospect. He puts so much pressure on the defense with his driving and finishing ability.

Reactions: carolinablue34
The assists are big for Coby. He's iffy as an NBA SG - he'd get drafted, but he's kinda smallish for that position. If he shows PG skills, he'll be a hell of a prospect. He puts so much pressure on the defense with his driving and finishing ability.

He will play PG in the NBA.....HELL Malik Monk and Malcom Brog. both play PG in the NBA. If he can create his shot at will, at his size, he's a PG.

He will play PG in the NBA.....HELL Malik Monk and Malcom Brog. both play PG in the NBA. If he can create his shot at will, at his size, he's a PG.

Brogdon is an excellent player. One of my all time non-UNC favorites. Pretty much the smartest guy in the room whenever he enters a room. Coby will be fortunate if he ends up with a career (college and pro) like Brogdon's.

I've not seen Monk play a minute in the NBA. Does he really run the [point for the Hornets when Walker is sitting?

Brogdon is an excellent player. One of my all time non-UNC favorites. Pretty much the smartest guy in the room whenever he enters a room. Coby will be fortunate if he ends up with a career (college and pro) like Brogdon's.

I've not seen Monk play a minute in the NBA. Does he really run the [point for the Hornets when Walker is sitting?

Monk has had his ups and downs. He can play PG but usually plays the 2.

And I completely agree on Brogdon. Excellent player and I suspect he'll be in the NBA quite awhile.

Yes. He runs mins at the 1 when walker on the bench. I think the bigness of that lineup is what they most like. I attached a video of him vs boston.

I thought I heard his last measurement without shoes on was 6'5. Which would make him 6'6 with NCAA and NBA measurements. I know without a doubt that Leaky is now officially 6'8 and still growing. But im sure I heard somewhere (I think it was Sherrell or Ben Sherman) that Coby was just measured at 6'5 without shoes. That would make him a perfect size for NBA SG.

Reactions: FranktheHeel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT