ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Anthony

Jordan didn't make Nike. They had half the US market before Jordan.
No offense but I need a link for that, because everything I learned says that Nike was a struggling small shoe co. Worth between 1.7-2.2 mil. Nike had to do something to stick out; infact they were a running shoe co at the time. They took a huge risk at the time and signed then unknown, Jordan, unbeknownst to them Jordan would go on to become a megladon of a sports icon, he is still probably the most famous shaved head on the planet. The point is Jordan helped to make Nike into the powerhouse that it is today. So much so that Jordan and Tiger woods are the only athletes with there own wings at the huge complex in Oregon.

No offense but I need a link for that, because everything I learned says that Nike was a struggling small shoe co. Worth between 1.7-2.2 mil. Nike had to do something to stick out; infact they were a running shoe co at the time. They took a huge risk at the time and signed then unknown, Jordan, unbeknownst to them Jordan would go on to become a megladon of a sports icon, he is still probably the most famous shaved head on the planet. The point is Jordan helped to make Nike into the powerhouse that it is today. So much so that Jordan and Tiger woods are the only athletes with there own wings at the huge complex in Oregon.
http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/2918/how-nike-landed-michael-jordan

You learned wrong then. There is no doubt Jordan helped them become what they are, but they were doing ok before him.

"By 1980, Nike had attained a 50% market share in the U.S. athletic shoe market, and the company went public in December of that year."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike,_Inc.

Don't let anyone fool you, he did more than just save NIKE.
https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/what-if-jordan-chose-adidas/

The 30 for 30 on Sonny Vaccaro was amazing.
He played a pretty big part of getting Nike where it is too. I love Jordan, but for some reason some UNC fans have to act like the man created heaven and earth. I could pull out all kinds of numbers to prove that Jordan didn't "save" Nike. I could talk about how Jordan sales dropped off after a couple of years, but I'm really not in the mood to do it. Especially given who is trying to argue.

He played a pretty big part of getting Nike where it is too. I love Jordan, but for some reason some UNC fans have to act like the man created heaven and earth. I could pull out all kinds of numbers to prove that Jordan didn't "save" Nike. I could talk about how Jordan sales dropped off after a couple of years, but I'm really not in the mood to do it. Especially given who is trying to argue.
bowl.jpg

Cool, interesting relationships Greg & Hubert and Greg & RaSheed. Dividends?

I think we offer the best position for Anthony based on playing time and need. Villanova will likely return a sophomore Quinerly with also Antoine Duke should get James and possibly return Jones, and Kentucky should have enough Point Guards to last them a lifetime.

Granted, the nature of recruiting is highly irrational and rarely goes the way you expect it to, but Roy has put in some serious work and we don't have the scandal weighing us down anymore. Cleaning up 1 or 2 more top recruits before spring won't hurt either.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
We will see if time will tell on Cole. I sure hope the relationships with Hubert & Greg and including his "best friend" at IMG in Armando can win the day.

Reactions: CJBlue
He is cutting his list again. Tweeted it on Friday. Probably hear something by Monday. Wishful thinking is a top 5.

Didn't he just take his OV to Oregon? Wouldn't shock me if he cut it to UNC, ND and Oregon...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT