ADVERTISEMENT

College World Series Thread

Heck of a game, sorry was at work so couldn’t post during game!!! Guess they though the righty against Vance was better then facing Cook who had the game tying hit in the 7th… Only used 3 pitchers and both Poston and Pence(unthinkable actually) under 30 pitches and will have tomorrow off!!!!!

1-0 boys

Just finished watching. Big time game from our pitching. Didn't have to use much, so they can stay fresh.
When the announcer talked that Forbes said they were riding Pence since they wanted to go 1-0 I was worried… Then seen he only threw 29 pitches so he should be available Sunday as well

Vance Honeycutt has become for me very much what Phil Ford was in basketball: that great player and team leader who just deserves to be a National Champ. The UNC loss to Marquette in the 1977 final will always be to ewe the hardest to accept basketball loss primarily because it denied Ford. I will have much the same sense of loss if this UNC team cannot win the CWS, because of Vance. He is a never say die super player and team leader like Ford.

The strike zone in the night game seems VERY pro Tennessee. May be just me but I’ve umpired D1 for years & the zone looks different for the Vols than for the Noles. Hopefully justice will prevail. Go ACC

The strike zone in the night game seems VERY pro Tennessee. May be just me but I’ve umpired D1 for years & the zone looks different for the Vols than for the Noles. Hopefully justice will prevail. Go ACC
Yep FSU just got screwed on a third strike check swing and TN now tied the score

• Love
Reactions: ohio tarheels
The secondary reason FSU lost is that Oxford was well off tonight and should have been pulled after about 3 batters. The primary reason FSU lost is that the 9th inning substitution in CF looked like he barely understood how to play the position.

The secondary reason FSU lost is that Oxford was well off tonight and should have been pulled after about 3 batters. The primary reason FSU lost is that the 9th inning substitution in CF looked like he barely understood how to play the position.
Agree with the centerfielder he looked lost. Glad we have Vance.

Agree with the centerfielder he looked lost. Glad we have Vance.
Vance would have made both catches for outs. And he certainly not have twirling is lost desperation just to find the ball like the FSU guy was. The funny thing is that when he entered the announcers said he was coming in for his defense.

Imo fsu and Tenn were the two best teams. I’m glad one had to be put in losers bracket. But I won’t be shocked if it’s still them playing for the title. It’s gonna take ten runs for unc to win.

Only 1 of them will be able to play for the CWS title since both in bracket 1 though… I think UVA knocks out FSU today as I feel FSU is emotionally beat after the way they lost Friday

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Seems every TN hitter swinging for the fences not a bad theory just in case you do make contact. Will help sprague with some wild swings too.

B1 1-2-3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT