ADVERTISEMENT

Comfortable Withers Settled in Gearing Toward Final Season

JWit is an excellent Tar Heel! It is amazing in this Me-first world that Hubs has found peeps who actually understand team dynamics!

Thanks Family!

JWit is an excellent Tar Heel! It is amazing in this Me-first world that Hubs has found peeps who actually understand team dynamics!

Thanks Family!
For me, JWit is a bit of a wild card, clearly he really struggled to define his role, going from Lvills #2 scoring option to a role player off the bench did not look like a smooth transition. It looked to me as if early season when he got in the game he tried to do to much to prove he deserved to run with the starters, doing to much resulted in committing way to many mistakes, which of course takes away playing time rather than add to it.

The talent in JWit is clearly there and I think the skill is there more than many realize, it is now decision making consistently that he fell short. That aspect did get much better later season when he seemed to embrace his role and not try to force so much. Yeah, he missed that jumper vs bama and I think we would have all preferred we got a better shot than that but at least he had the guts to take it. He missed a lot of jumpers last season but truthfully his form does not look all that bad to me, I think more of those drop when he isn't forcing or rushing things and that is just having the confidence of knowing he will get solid minutes next season. I actually think his shooting % will spike up nicely for next season.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Just to add to what I just posted, the book ends of JWit and Lubin is interesting, both 6'9" and both should come in around 230-235lbs and both play with a little bit of a nasty streak edge to their game. You have Lubin who has a deadly mid range game and JWit that I think can be solid in the mid range as well but may have a touch more range than Lubin. It is a really nice pair of bookend power forwards with solid size and physical strength that both can help you at the 4 or the 5. Book end power forwards like that are really a huge advantage over many teams out there.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Just to add to what I just posted, the book ends of JWit and Lubin is interesting, both 6'9" and both should come in around 230-235lbs and both play with a little bit of a nasty streak edge to their game. You have Lubin who has a deadly mid range game and JWit that I think can be solid in the mid range as well but may have a touch more range than Lubin. It is a really nice pair of bookend power forwards with solid size and physical strength that both can help you at the 4 or the 5. Book end power forwards like that are really a huge advantage over many teams out there.
Is Lubin 6'9 now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT