ADVERTISEMENT

Commuter

coolwaterunc

Hall of Famer
Oct 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
What kind of commute do you guys have these days? I have left behind commuting long ago for working from home. Working from home is obviously easier. I tried a run with going back to the office for a while, but it felt very clunky bouncing between the office and home. I just decided to that working from home is best. It seems by reviews to have made a huge jump in quality of life over working from an office.
I use my own office for work. My office at home has the capability to handle most of the neded work load and flow well with the job I have.

It seems working from home and going to an office are major players in personal work preference these days. So what do you guys do? Any commuting holdouts?

Reactions: blazers
For me it depends. I'm in two small LLCs and do a lot from home but if I go to the plant for one LLC, it's 25 minutes (16 miles) if I go on site for the other one, it's probably 5-7 minutes away on the other side of my small town.

One of the more overlooked aspects of working from home is saving money on gas and less mileage on your car. I'm estimating that I'll put around 10,000 miles a year on my car. That's pretty low in today's world and also helps with insurance.

I live a mile from my office. We are mostly expected to work on campus, but there is some flexibility to work from home occasionally as needed.

I'd like to bike it on nice days, but since I usually drop off and/or pick up the kids from school, I'm relegated to driving for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT