ADVERTISEMENT

Conley is out for the year

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
How much will that hurt the D?

Many times this year, Conley has been the rugged, tough guy on D, the one who sets a standard of not backing down. He always plays with an edge.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
I think he's been a little overrated. He could end up being really good, but I just didn't see anything special this year. Regardless, there's only two games left this year. Only one of which means something.

Hurts depth. No Don Chapman, no Conley means the backup nickels & safeties are guys who haven't played much - Boykin, CRS, Nash or etc. I'm guessing we'd go with Storm at nickel if something happens to Cam, Trey or Biggers.

Conley occasionally over-runs plays, or takes oddball angles but he is one of the hardest hitters on the team, and he's lightning fast. High potential but still too many mistakes.

Missing the last two games isn’t that big of a deal unless it’s something where he’s gotta rehab all spring and summer to get back to being healthy.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Regarding NCSU game, regardless of Conley we might have to focus on stopping the run (kinda like the UVA plan) and hope their Qb doesn't kill us... in which case maybe we play less nickel.

Defense will suck with or without Conley. The only question is if Sam can drag the offense to enough points. Hopefully that week off helped him out.

Reactions: blazers
^ torn ACL and MCL
He'll probably never be the same. I know they've come a long way, but that's a serious tear if both were torn in one shot. And, it was against Wofford. Conley's first name is my favorite.

Most football injuries occur on kickoffs, which is why the NFL moved them up to create more touchbacks. Injuries can obviously happen any time on the football field, but you have to be smart and reduce the risk. Playing Wofford is probably not the time to have a starter returning kickoffs. I hate that for Conley, but agree with the point above that the defense will suck with or without him. I hope he has a speedy recovery and can make it back on the field next year.

So very sorry for the young man. He has been a stud on defense all year. He will be missed on Friday Night for sure. Hopefully, he will be back before the season starts next year. If you listen to the "Ray of Light" on this board @strummingram , he may never be the same. GOD SPEED JQ. GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: UNC '92
So very sorry for the young man. He has been a stud on defense all year. He will be missed on Friday Night for sure. Hopefully, he will be back before the season starts next year. If you listen to the "Ray of Light" on this board @strummingram , he may never be the same. GOD SPEED JQ. GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's a warrior with a whole lot of potential.

Reactions: Bruce Young
Defense will suck with or without Conley. The only question is if Sam can drag the offense to enough points. Hopefully that week off helped him out.
The D flashes some moments of very good play. The 2nd half against Wake was good. Against Pitt was good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT