ADVERTISEMENT

Covered Noah Turner extensively. Some thoughts...

Josh Helmholdt

Sep 23, 2001
I believe we have Noah Turner rated as high as anywhere else, and we certainly have seen him as much as anyone else. I remember thinking the first time I saw him live early in his sophomore year that he might eventually develop into a DE, and still hold out that it may be his future one day. But, he has such exceptional ball skills on offense that no one who was among his top schools seriously entertained it during the recruiting process. I have seen this kid make ridiculous catches so often, it has become expected. He tracks the football as well as the top wide receivers I've covered in this class.

The knock on Noah is that he lacks ideal length and speed for the TE position, and they are legitimate. The height is not a major concern for me as he is a legitimate 6-3 (we've measured him). He's never going to be a burner at the TE position, but his understanding of the position and exceptional route-running always seems to give him enough space. And, if he's not open, he still finds a way to catch the football a majority of the time. An extremely hard-worker, never afraid to compete and I really like the pick up for the Tar Heels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News