ADVERTISEMENT

Current celebrity crush

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
I've got a new one.

maxresdefault.jpg

Rachael Price from the band Lake Street Dive. I had heard one of their songs before and knew she had a good voice. After listening to a few more of their songs, I'm convinced she has a phenomenal voice and is a damn fine looking woman to boot. Here are a few live samples for you gents (including a sweet Jackson 5 cover recorded on a sidewalk in Boston).

Seems we're due for another one of these threads. So who is everybody's current celebrity crush? Pics and/or video please.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
3 star thread that would be a 5 star if not for the OOTB chucklehead brigade.

Rachel McAdams. I recently saw Spotlight (first time in ages I saw the Oscar winner in theater) and fell in love. She has some good NSFW out there too.

rachel-mcadams-01.jpg

I've got a new one.

maxresdefault.jpg

Rachael Price from the band Lake Street Dive. I had heard one of their songs before and knew she had a good voice. After listening to a few more of their songs, I'm convinced she has a phenomenal voice and is a damn fine looking woman to boot. Here are a few live samples for you gents (including a sweet Jackson 5 cover recorded on a sidewalk in Boston).

Seems we're due for another one of these threads. So who is everybody's current celebrity crush? Pics and/or video please.

Decent. I mean, of course I would. But I don't know if she's hot enough for me to call her my celebrity crush. As far as the music, I like the Jackson 5 cover the best. First one was ok and the one on the Colbert show I didn't like.

3 star thread that would be a 5 star if not for the OOTB chucklehead brigade.

Rachel McAdams. I recently saw Spotlight (first time in ages I saw the Oscar winner in theater) and fell in love. She has some good NSFW out there too.

rachel-mcadams-01.jpg

Stole my answer. Kudos

Reactions: Raising Heel
"I have Betty White in my death pool, if she dies before the rest of my buddies' picks I win $100"

I know who I WOULDN'T want to have in that pool: Bernie Sanders. First, he's pretty dang old but second and more important, he's running against a CLINTON. Death Wish #1 !!

Reactions: tarheel0910
"I have Betty White in my death pool, if she dies before the rest of my buddies' picks I win $100"

I know who I WOULDN'T want to have in that pool: Bernie Sanders. First, he's pretty dang old but second and more important, he's running against a CLINTON. Death Wish #1 !!

So wouldn't that mean you would want to have him in the pool? The point is to select people (we chose 10 each) that we think will die soon. The only rules are they need to be "celebrities" which we defined as 4 of the 5 of us need to have heard of them before, and they can't be terminally ill.

Also among my list are Muhammed Ali, Stephen Hawking, Bob Barker, Queen Elizabeth, Nancy Reagan, George HW Bush, and Jimmy Carter. I won a few rounds ago when Nelson Mandela died.

Yes, I'm a sick bastard, but this pool is great.

Reactions: tarheel0910
So wouldn't that mean you would want to have him in the pool? The point is to select people (we chose 10 each) that we think will die soon. The only rules are they need to be "celebrities" which we defined as 4 of the 5 of us need to have heard of them before, and they can't be terminally ill.

Also among my list are Muhammed Ali, Stephen Hawking, Bob Barker, Queen Elizabeth, Nancy Reagan, George HW Bush, and Jimmy Carter. I won a few rounds ago when Nelson Mandela died.

I'm stealing this.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010

That's hilarious, in a warped way. Depending on the stakes that are on the line, how sick would it be if multiple of these candidates are on their last leg at the same time and you guys are cheering them on... lol

That's hilarious, in a warped way. Depending on the stakes that are on the line, how sick would it be if multiple of these candidates are on their last leg at the same time and you guys are cheering them on... lol

We each just chip in $20 each round, so not exactly high stakes, just enough to make it interesting. A round generally lasts for 3 months to a year, before one of the 50 candidates kicks the bucket, and then we redraft.

I must say my coworkers were a little alarmed/disgusted at my joy when I heard about the Mandela death.

Ok, so yeah, you're a sick SOB. But with that said,...can I get in?

Or better yet, just a few more details and I'll start my own. Sooo,...were picks made in draft order or something? I mean, you didn't just show up with a list of 10 people right?

Also, the winner is the one whose list contains the first one to die? Or do all of your people have to die?

I was thinking we might need to do something like that here. But I'm not running it. Karma is a motherf*cker.

Ok, so yeah, you're a sick SOB. But with that said,...can I get in?

Or better yet, just a few more details and I'll start my own. Sooo,...were picks made in draft order or something? I mean, you didn't just show up with a list of 10 people right?

Also, the winner is the one whose list contains the first one to die? Or do all of your people have to die?

I was thinking we might need to do something like that here. But I'm not running it. Karma is a motherf*cker.

We randomly choose numbers out of a hat, 1-5, and that's the draft order. We snake draft to make it more fair. I usually have a list of 20 or so names I'm interested in, to ensure if my top picks get scooped up I have backups.

The winner is whoever has one of their 10 die. Then we redraft - but as you can imagine people tend to still like their old picks, and so there's some continuity to the lists, unless someone else picks them early in the following draft.

We've toyed with additional caveats (bonus points for suicides [which would include drug overdoses], or for people under 50) but haven't added those in yet. If we do, I imagine Lindsey Lohan would come off the board fairly quickly.

I'd organize one here if there was enough interest.

Reactions: UNC71-00
We randomly choose numbers out of a hat, 1-5, and that's the draft order. We snake draft to make it more fair. I usually have a list of 20 or so names I'm interested in, to ensure if my top picks get scooped up I have backups.

The winner is whoever has one of their 10 die. Then we redraft - but as you can imagine people tend to still like their old picks, and so there's some continuity to the lists, unless someone else picks them early in the following draft.

We've toyed with additional caveats (bonus points for suicides [which would include drug overdoses], or for people under 50) but haven't added those in yet. If we do, I imagine Lindsey Lohan would come off the board fairly quickly.

I'd organize one here if there was enough interest.

Awesome. I think if we instituted one, we should make age requirements. Like, all of your picks couldn't be super old. You'd have to take at least 3 that were under the age of 50 or something.

I feel like I'm going to hell just for taking part in this discussion.

I want in.

We each just chip in $20 each round, so not exactly high stakes, just enough to make it interesting. A round generally lasts for 3 months to a year, before one of the 50 candidates kicks the bucket, and then we redraft.

I must say my coworkers were a little alarmed/disgusted at my joy when I heard about the Mandela death.

So do you redraft all or does the winner just get a pick to replace the dearly departed? Or is it like a keeper league, where you get to hold on to a few that are particularly likely but have to redraft the other few?

OOTB needs this pool.

Awesome. I think if we instituted one, we should make age requirements. Like, all of your picks couldn't be super old. You'd have to take at least 3 that were under the age of 50 or something.

I feel like I'm going to hell just for taking part in this discussion.

This discussion has little to do with the reason(s) you are going to hell.

OOTB needs this pool.

Ok, I'll start a separate thread for the OOTB Celebrity Death Pool, since there seems to be some interest, and we can discuss the specifics in that thread, so we can give this one back to RH (If he even wants it back at this point).

Might not happen until tonight though - I need to use the last hour of my workday to try to make up for wasting the first 7 hours on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT