ADVERTISEMENT

Daily Drop: How Competitive Is UNC Hoops With NIL?!

I’m sorry but those are not facts and it’s completely irresponsible for you to say they are. You are being fed the UNC program Spin for why they are falling short. That doesn’t make it fact or truth. The Truth is UNC is not competitive this offseason in an open market. We can’t close on big man talent. We have a hard time even getting any to visit and others have immediately hung up the phone during the initial sales pitch. Those are actual facts.

Again, you clearly don't know my track record. I don't "fall for it," and who says our sources are inside UNC?

Agree, UNC has not landed some desired bigs, and perhaps a mistake or two has been made. We don't really know for sure, and won't until the roster is set.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I am happy to answer questions and give more details than here on Radar, which is a free board I've chosen to keep, even though many Rivals sites don't have free boards anymore.

But, head over to Four Corners and I will gladly carry this on in greater detail. Appreciate the interaction, even with those of you who need FCs the most.

I hate to see what some of you say about teams you don't claim to like or support!!! The weird part is we have seen plenty of evidence that shows how good hubs and his staff are at filling our needs. We have seen players join us after this point before but we don't think it can happen again?? I applaud our peeps for not compromising on their requirement that the person fit our culture. I thank them for being willing to "miss" on talent if they believe the talent will not be additive! I wish there was a way to weed out the bandwagoners who want UNC to be like everyone else, but I guess they and trolls come with the territory!

This costs $44.99. How much of that does Withers get?

Withers-T.jpg
This is absolutely incredible.

This is absolutely incredible.
Yep. I'm not in the shirt business, but how much does it cost to make such a shirt? A 6-pack of decent T-shirts costs retail customers $25 at Costco. They also sell T-shirts with graphics starting at $10.

I assume the shirt-maker gets a better deal. Add some for design, printing, distribution and so on and where does the actual cost end up. $8? $10? $12? $15?

As a capitalist, I don't expect the shirt-maker to do it for free, so slice off a chunk for reasonable profit. How much would that be?

Obviously I'm just ball-parking, so I hope we have knowledgeable people who can jump in. But it looks to me like our players should get $20-30 of that $45 retail price.

So . . . if I want to give $20-30 to players I like, I can do that and end up with a shirt to boot. But if the player is not getting that much, then the GoFundMe approach sounds better.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I've never been involved in a GoFundMe exercise. Is there any reason why folks here on this board couldn't start up GFM accounts for our players? Does GFM take a cut? How much? Do you need the permission of the player? Can players do it for themselves? So many questions?

You have to set up an account to receive the funds from a GoFundMe event. Someone would have to be trusted with managing it and ensuring it gets to the peeps it is supposedly for. I would not give money to someone I didn't know well enough to trust unless it is in response to a tragedy. It gets complicated when the person managing it isn't the person it is for!

I have contributed to a collective that is run for UNC players and I have bought merch (and paid extra) when I knew some of the money goes to the players. $45 is a bit much until I know how much the player receives, however!

I’m sorry but those are not facts and it’s completely irresponsible for you to say they are. You are being fed the UNC program Spin for why they are falling short. That doesn’t make it fact or truth. The Truth is UNC is not competitive this offseason in an open market. We can’t close on big man talent. We have a hard time even getting any to visit and others have immediately hung up the phone during the initial sales pitch. Those are actual facts.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT