ADVERTISEMENT

Does the US have strong social media disinfo campaigns?

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
Russia's got an impressive disinfo tik-tok program. I'm sure every "intelligence" org in every country is trying to do the same. What would be the US's "targets"?

My first thought was chyna, but chyna has a "firewall" that could block US sources...

I can't get into specifics, but I can tell you we've done more disinformation-type interference into the affairs of other countries than the top ten other countries put together have done to us. It's what we're good at. That, and bribing corrupt leaders.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I can't get into specifics, but I can tell you we've done more disinformation-type interference into the affairs of other countries than the top ten other countries put together have done to us. It's what we're good at. That, and bribing corrupt leaders.
Every superpower definitely does it. It's just good business to try to get other nations friendly to your own interests.

Reactions: bluetoe
Now now you know we’re just spreading democracy

koala wink GIF

Reactions: bluetoe
Now now you know we’re just spreading democracy

koala wink GIF
I don't know if this is some wry comment on our desire to preserve democracy, or some double-meaning commentary on religion, or if you're challenging me to a game of winking animal gifs. I'm going with winking animal gifs.

winking-blink.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT