ADVERTISEMENT

ESPn's Way Too early Top 25

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
spring storylines to watch for

These kinds of quick takes are often fun to read. This one took a hard turn when I reached ESPN's pre-season highest ranked ACC team, at #8 - MooU.

How the crap can even a poll of just ESPN writers see MooU as that good? Yes, Doeren returns a lot. But Clemson should be improved and Wake again should be a tough out for anybody.

They have Clemson #11, and the storyline is the obvious one: QB. Can DJ hold onto the job (and if so, will he improve) or will true freshman 5* Cade Klubnik win the job?

They have Wake #14. Nobody in the Coastal is ranked.

These guys mostly just look at last year's record and the QB situation. They never actually research the why behind it.

Reactions: uncboy10
These guys mostly just look at last year's record and the QB situation. They never actually research the why behind it.

Yeah preseason rankings in general are mostly garbage.

We could probably sneak into the top 25 with a 3-0 start. Especially if Maye looks good early.

Reactions: tarheel0910
And so it begins.
This team has what it takes to be ranked and win the Coastal. We need better pass protection. I think we should see at least some improvement in WR play. If that happens, teams can't sit on Downs all game every game. And with better pass protection and better use of TEs, Downs then could be 1st team All-American. He is going to beat almost any DB one-on-one every play.

If the D gets whipped into shape so that it plays as a unit, it could be a very tough nut for most offenses to crack.

This team has what it takes to be ranked and win the Coastal. We need better pass protection. I think we should see at least some improvement in WR play. If that happens, teams can't sit on Downs all game every game. And with better pass protection and better use of TEs, Downs then could be 1st team All-American. He is going to beat almost any DB one-on-one every play.

If the D gets whipped into shape so that it plays as a unit, it could be a very tough nut for most offenses to crack.
A semi-positive post. Account get hacked? Your 'SearelsSucks" password was too predictable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT