ADVERTISEMENT

Fast Food Bracket - Who you got?

Re: oops

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

Just messin' with ya.

By the way, if women are allowed to vote here (and why wouldn't they), then Chipotle will win in a runaway.
My wife loves Chipotle . . . me, ehh it's okay.

Re: oops

Voted :

Sonic

Wendy's

Cook-Out

White Castle

In-N-Out

5 Guys

Shake Shack

Burger Fi

Chik-Fil-A

Chipotle

KFC

Popeyes

Arby's

Potbelly

Roy Rogers

Quiznos

This post was edited on 4/6 5:53 PM by BillyL

This is my kind of thread, but whoever came up with this bracket is a total 'tard. Why in the F is Subway a #1??? They're a disgrace to the sandwich business. What's worse is that people are actually voting for them over Arby's. This is a fraud. Who would choose a Subway "sandwich" over a juicy roast beef sandwich smothered in delicious Arby sauce? I'm legitimately pissed right now.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by coolwaterunc:
This is my kind of thread, but whoever came up with this bracket is a total 'tard.
You're telling me. Someone needs to do an investigative expose on the Fast Food Championship Selection Committee. The seeds in this tourney scream of politickin', backroom-dealin', smoke-and-mirrorin', and general shenanigan'in

To wit:

Wendy's a 2 seed?!?!?! And in McDonald's bracket, no less? A travesty to end all travesties. In-N-Out is friggin Gonzaga. A regional powerhouse that plays in a pathetic conference, is perennially overrated, and always chokes in the tourney. Wendy's should have In-N-Out's #1 seed. And don't even get me started on Firehouse being a #7 seed.

I disagree, in general, with grouping the teams by food type. Terrible. You need to pit fast food places against each other on all of their merits, not just the one or two meals they're best known for.

Too many errors for me to even participate. I wash my hands of this whole mess. I will offer this though. If I'm constructing a Super Conference of fast food locales, this is my league:

Bojangles
Chick-fil-A
Arby's
Firehouse Subs
Wendy's
Waffle House*
Jersey Mike's
KFC
Qdoba
Domino's

*the addition of Waffle House is pending approval from the Fast Food Competition Committee that WaHo qualifies as a fast food joint

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:

I wash my hands of this whole mess.
I didn't think I would be able to laugh today, but that did it.
laugh.r191677.gif

Final Four:

Cookout
Five Guys

Chipotle
Firehouse

Five Guys wins the championship in a landslide...unless caloric intake is factored in negatively.

And where the hell is Jersey Mikes? It's criminal they were left off.

Waffle House is not fast food, by the way. When you have to sit down and give orders to a waiter, you are automatically disqualified from being considered fast food.

This post was edited on 4/7 12:51 PM by coolwaterunc

Waffle House is not fast food, by the way. When you have to sit down and give orders to a waiter, you are automatically disqualified from being considered fast food.

Right. Plus, you have to be able to eat your order while driving.

Agreed. Another qualifier is that what's served has to be actual food.

Waffle House =
sick0021.r191677.gif

Originally posted by notUNC71-00:

Right. Plus, you have to be able to eat your order while driving.
You can eat WaHo while driving, you just gotta get the right thing. But I acknowledge your concerns. Where do we land on Domino's being fast food or not?

Also....if we're using the "while driving" criteria, you need to disqualify almost all sub places. I don't know about you, but I sure as hell can't eat a Firehouse Sub while driving.

I don't consider the major pizza chains to be fast food. It takes them 15-30 minutes to prepare your order, how is that fast food? Sure, it's convenient to get your phone and pretty soon, there's a pizza at your door, but it's not fast food. They're just pizza chains.

Little Caesars is a bit of an exception though. Most of their business comes from the "Hot-N-Ready" gimmick, and a lot of them even have a drive-thru. Not everything on their menu works that way, so they're partially fast food.

I don't consider the major pizza chains to be fast food. It takes them 15-30 minutes to prepare your order, how is that fast food? Sure, it's convenient to get your phone and pretty soon, there's a pizza at your door, but it's not fast food. They're just pizza chains.

Little Caesars is a bit of an exception though. Most of their business comes from the "Hot-N-Ready" gimmick, and a lot of them even have a drive-thru. Not everything on their menu works that way, so they're partially fast food.
Agree. Pizza is its on genre. Caught between fast food and dine in. Agree on Little Caesar's too but for the purposes of pigeon holing them, they don't count in fast food either. But in the pizza genre, I might give them an extra point for being so fast.

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:
Waffle House =
sick0021.r191677.gif
Waffle House's hash browns are amazing.
How do you like them? Smothered, covered, scattered, spit on, picked off floor, half eaten and reserved?

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
Waffle House =
ec
Bob Evans beats the shit out of Waffle House all day everyday. And the best part - they usually have a sanitation grade above C.

IHOP is way better too.

Agree. Pizza is its on genre. Caught between fast food and dine in. Agree on Little Caesar's too but for the purposes of pigeon holing them, they don't count in fast food either. But in the pizza genre, I might give them an extra point for being so fast.
Apparently you two boys aren't familiar with the Kentacohut.

ken-taco-hut-kentucky-fried-chicken-taco-bell-pizza-hut.jpg

I live near one of those. It's a Taco Hut, but close enough. The only thing that's on Pizza Hut's menu is a personal pan pizza and breadsticks. That doesn't count.

Waffle House =
sick0021.r191677.gif
Waffle House's hash browns are amazing.
The hash browns are one of the only two acceptable reasons for ever setting foot inside a Waffle House.

The other, of course, is that you're entirely too tired/drunk/high* to drive another mile more and it's the only place still open.

*This is obviously a tasteless joke. Please drive safely, obey all traffic laws, and respect the rights of other drivers.

Elite EIght:

Sonic
Cookout
In-N-Out
Five Guys
Chick-fil-A
Chipotle
Subway
Jimmy John's

Final Four
Sonic
Five Guys