ADVERTISEMENT

Fool's Gold!

FlaTarHeel

Hall of Famer
Feb 21, 2017
The naysayers are having fun tonight, but it wont last long

1. It's not often we shoot like this, and not finish around the basket.
2. JB was tired, I've known that kid since he was 15.
3. Cam Johnson shooting helps offset nights like this.
4. The freshman will be much tougher in February, quote me on that.
5. I like Izzo but he can't be happy either with a veteran team playing as sloppy as they did. The body blows will cost them in the NCAA tourney.
6. Jackson should have been ejected.
7. We always get a hockey match when that moron Michael Stephens shows up.

What should Jackson have been ejected for? Missing Theo with an elbow? Theo is probably my favorite player on the team but I wish Roy would have put him on the bench for that.

Joel, Maye, and Kenny simply have to be better. They were all pretty terrible tonight. That's ok though. That won't happen that often. It was an awful performance by our veteran guys. Last year we got away with it because we were such a great rebounding team. MSU was the worst match-up for us to have our guys play and shoot that poorly.

Anyone who has played or coached this game knows what Jackson did, and the amount of contact has nothing to do with the play.

Anyone who has played or coached this game knows what Jackson did, and the amount of contact has nothing to do with the play.

You can't eject a guy for missing a player with a high elbow. It just isn't reasonable.

Reactions: tw3301
You can't eject a guy for missing a player with a high elbow. It just isn't reasonable.
I don’t know the rule book but isn’t an attempted flagrant still flagrant? Even Bill Walton came out of his verbal rambling coma long enough to point out that elbows should never make contact above the other players shoulders. The guy lifted his arm and swung his elbow directly at Theo’s head! I didn’t like how Theo ‘embellished’ the fall, but it was a dirty shot contact or not.

I don’t know the rule book but isn’t an attempted flagrant still flagrant? Even Bill Walton came out of his verbal rambling coma long enough to point out that elbows should never make contact above the other players shoulders. The guy lifted his arm and swung his elbow directly at Theo’s head! I didn’t like how Theo ‘embellished’ the fall, but it was a dirty shot contact or not.
His joke of a response says all you need to know about people who show up after a bad loss.

Reactions: gary-7
Where's the video?

I don't think the elbow missed.
I don't think Theo embellished.
I don't think it was intentional.

The call was right because it doesn't seem that they require intent to call flagrant 1.

I can't wait for the "FOOLS" to try to spend this "GOLD"

I hope you can be as physical as MSU; and have UNC miss everything they throw up; and have the DOG dead tired; and deal with our D which was good BTW; and have your step back threes over out stretched arms swish!

Bigs will develop; Cam will return; shots will fall; and the perimeter will rest = UNC Wins!

Tar Heels will be fine and this is the perfect loss for Roy to ride to the promised land!

DKN ..... school's out for the Heels! They have got to regroup, get better, get much more physical! Get mentally focused. Be ready to play tough and physical. Now, were gonna get everyone's best shot, as if that weren't the case to begin with. Prepare, focus and play hard ....! Get right, Heels!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT