ADVERTISEMENT

Friedlander: 3 reasons Drake Maye will win the Heisman Trophy ... and 3 reasons he won't

Don't see us winning enough games for him to win the Heisman. I just want him to get an invite to NY. That would be big for the program if we can tell people you'll have a chance to win one if you come here.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Don't see us winning enough games for him to win the Heisman. I just want him to get an invite to NY. That would be big for the program if we can tell people you'll have a chance to win one if you come here.
I don't give a rat's patoot about the Heisman, although I recognize the benefit of inclusion....but it will be sweeter to have two quality QB's in the pros and a third who might become a starter again.

I don't give a rat's patoot about the Heisman, although I recognize the benefit of inclusion....but it will be sweeter to have two quality QB's in the pros and a third who might become a starter again.
I don't really care other than it helps recruiting. Having quality QBs in the pros is also a big help on the trail. Who are you talking about when you say one that might start again? Mitch? If so, I think his last chance was at Pittsburgh. He's nothing but a backup, which is probably the best job in football. Get paid millions to hold a clipboard, be loved by fans and still get some good women.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
I don't really care other than it helps recruiting. Having quality QBs in the pros is also a big help on the trail. Who are you talking about when you say one that might start again? Mitch? If so, I think his last chance was at Pittsburgh. He's nothing but a backup, which is probably the best job in football. Get paid millions to hold a clipboard, be loved by fans and still get some good women.
yes, Mitch (not Mitchell). He's still a backup at Pittsburgh and he's in position to start again whether through injury or through performance. He won't get mentioned much if he remains a backup, but if he starts again we might (hopefully) have three starters in the pros and that's good press. How any of that benefits him isn't too important to me. How our having three QB's in the league in fairly close succession is, because it smacks of QBU.

Too bad Mitch got the big britches and didn't stay another year. What hurts us more with him though is how badly he was oversold to Chicago. They traded away significantly in order to get in position to pick him up. They are probably still visiting the ass-kicking machine every day over what they might have had.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT