ADVERTISEMENT

Giving up alcohol for 6 weeks

UNC71-00

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2003
I used to give up drinking for Lent, mostly to make sure I wasn't an alcoholic. I never had any problems doing so, but that was 15+ years ago. This year I am rekindling the old tradition- partly for the same reason and partly because I need to lose about 10-15 pounds before May.

So to my friends and Heels Noir: if I seem crankier over the next 6 weeks, I apologize in advance. It's nothing personal towards any of you- well, some of you anyways.

I would like to do the same, the clerks at the ABC store here know me by first name . . that can't be good right . . ?

Originally posted by BillyL:

I would like to do the same, the clerks at the ABC store here know me by first name . . that can't be good right . . ?
It's not necessarily a bad thing.

But for me- I need to lose the weight and prove that I am master of my domain.

Originally posted by UNC71-00:

Originally posted by BillyL:

It's not necessarily a bad thing.

But for me- I need to lose the weight and prove that I am master of my domain.
If you are not Mater of your Domain then I am afraid that booze is NOT your problem!!!!
evilgrin0030.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

You aren't a Seinfeld fan I take it.
I am, which has me weirded out about what drinking and your domain have to do with one another. Are you quitting both for 6 weeks?
Lol. Just using the "master of my domain" to extend to an alcohol related bet, as opposed to ....

I am thinking of giving up carbonated drinks, like Monster stuff and Dr. Pepper and things like that. I need to decide pretty quick I guess.

Good for you and best of luck. Maybe it's something you will find you don't really need.

I gave up chocolate one year for Lent. First few days were tough, especially when my co-workers taped a Mounds bar (love the dark chocolate, baby) to my monitor.

But in the end, I was....

image.w174h200f3.jpg

Originally posted by NCAAUCoach:
Good for you and best of luck. Maybe it's something you will find you don't really need.
Oh, I really don't need it Coach. But I sure do enjoy it.

However it is a good opportunity to think of Christ's sacrifice every time I'm craving a Miller Lite. Come to think of it, I might end up a monk.

Originally posted by NCAAUCoach:
Oh, I really don't need it Coach. But I sure do enjoy it.

However it is a good opportunity to think of Christ's sacrifice every time I'm craving a Miller Lite. Come to think of it, I might end up a monk.
Ha. I hear ya!

Originally posted by coolwaterunc:
I sat here for 10 minutes wondering why you have an NC State baseball pic in your signature, and then I finally figured out why.
What's funny is they actually published that LOL.

As for the no drinking.....UNC-Duke tonight....I'll start tomorrow...

2 things that will lead to better health: cutting tobacco/alcohol (poison) out of your diet, save for special occasions a/k/a social drinker, and not worrying about what you don't have control over, like UNC winning or losing...so no reason to go nuts when they lose. The 8-20 year broke me, I've been happier ever since
smokin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT