ADVERTISEMENT

Harrison Ingram Declares for the NBA Draft

Funny, I just finished a reply where I said that I am working under the belief that both Ingram and RJ are gone and that of the 2, RJ is the more likely to return. I post it and see this thread, was not the first time I have shared that however! LOL

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
So the only replacement we've pursued is Adou Thiero, who can't shoot 3s and missed games with a back injury?

A little tidbit about Harrison's decision. It took a while because he really wanted to come back and have another year at Carolina. He wanted to have that experience and improve his stock some more. But his father was pushing him toward the NBA for a while, and eventually got Harrison to agree.

Don't take this to mean Harrison was pushed into leaving, it's more that his dad felt strongly about getting to the league now, and eventually Harrison decided that was best for him, too.
Is he leaving the door open to return or is he definitely gone?

But Thiero has been the only potential Ingram replacement discussed for UNC for like 2 weeks. He supposedly reached out to UNC.

What I meant was I hadn't put much into him until this morning. I've been aware of some discourse, but didn't give it much stock because he wasn't an option unless Harrison left. Other reports were off putting too much into those discussions.

Now, the conversations between UNC and Thiero will matter much more.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Is he leaving the door open to return or is he definitely gone?
He is gone, this was not a surprise. I loved Ingram as a Tar Heel, I believe I was first on his band wagon when he entered the portal from Stanford, told everyone way back then that he was going to be a difference maker and he was that for sure. But I do think his going to the NBA now is the best decision for HIM, I support it 100%. Where he can be drafted now, I don't think could improve but it could have worsened had he come back and not improved on this past season, which would have been a really high bar. I just think he is a kid that played really close to his ceiling and his iron is as hot as it would ever be so go live your dream young man!

Harry, you will always be at home in Chapel Hill, no matter where you live, thank you and may all your dreams happen for you in the best way possible. You have represented our program as well as your parents in an amazing way, Tar Heel fans will never forget that!

Congrats Family!

We are blessed to have had such a fine young man on our team. He feels like a lifelong Tar Heel and I pray he gets drafted by a team that knows how to use him!

It feels like yesterday could you rank the one-n-dones on one hand. Coby White at the top, Nassir at the bottom (IMO) with guys like Manek and Marvin Williams as fan faves. Soon there will be too many to count.

New world order: If you play really well you go to the draft. If you don’t play well and don’t get minutes then you go the portal. You stay if you got minutes and it looks like you are not going to have to compete with a portal transfer or freshman recruit. Results in large turnover every year. Can’t imagine being the head coach. It’s hard enough to be a fan without losing some interest in the college game.

It feels like yesterday could you rank the one-n-dones on one hand. Coby White at the top, Nassir at the bottom (IMO) with guys like Manek and Marvin Williams as fan faves. Soon there will be too many to count.
You're ranking Nas Little below Justin Pierce, Christian Keeling, Tyler Nickel, Justin Knox, Travis Wear, David Wear, Clifford Rozier, Jeremiah Francis??

Not to mention Bob McAdoo has been the #1 one-and-done at UNC for 52 years.

See it is already too many to keep track of ;)

Dean's only JUCO right? Or was there another? Good reminder.
I can't read the ignored members post, is the guy being referred to Bob McAdoo?

You're ranking Nas Little below Justin Pierce, Christian Keeling, Tyler Nickel, Justin Knox, Travis Wear, David Wear, Clifford Rozier, Jeremiah Francis??

Not to mention Bob McAdoo has been the #1 one-and-done at UNC for 52 years.
I think you have to also remember he mentioned players that mattered lol. All the others were meh. Gonna leave off a few with our history ie BM

• Love
Reactions: blazers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT