ADVERTISEMENT

Heels Say Saturday Was a Next-Level Performance

Interesting question, was this our next level type performance?

I am going to hedge slightly to the no side but let me explain why. For to be next level for me it would mean we are tapping in to things that have not been yet seen. I have seen Ingram hit open look treys, I have seen Bacot have great games, I have seen Ingram as well have great games. When a defense is so worried about RJ that they give Ingram and Ryan wide open looks consistently so they can get hot, I expect that rather than consider it next level.

Next level to me is getting Cadeau more consistent, maybe hitting a jumper or 2 and not dealing with the foul trouble issue. Next level is getting big games from our bench getting either Jwash or Jwit going and being counted on for solid minutes and double digit scoring and I think JWash and Seth can do just that. Show me a full 40mins of offense like I watched in that first half vs Tenn, a 40min defensive game like we played against Clemson or Wake show me that in the same game and we will have reached that next level. We miss far to many open looks and bunnies for me to think next level so far but to me expecting good shooters like Ryan and Ingram to hit wide open looks is very doable, I am surprised it has not been better than it has actually. I feel like vs duke we brought our B+ level game, especially the effort level and physicality, I do think our best game beats any other teams best game, our A game has more teeth because we combine great defense with great offense for 40mins and for me we have yet to reach that.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
To me we literally went up 1 level! But we need to accomplish what D outlined to be "Next Level". I'm fine with building a foundation for the next level to sit on though! We started laying that foundation after UK and now it appears to be stable! Hubs is proving to be a master carpenter and I expect to be down to the punch list by ACC tourney time!

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
To me we literally went up 1 level!
Agree, and we have more LEVELS(Plural) we can reach.
1. EC making teams pay for sagging off him.
2. Cormac being the shooter he's labeled to be.
3. Withers being the guy we expected him to be.
4. Seth continuing to attack the rim in transition and in half-court.
5. More minutes for the post bigs(JW, High).
*If this roster had 2 years together they easily cut the nets down*

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT