ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, basketball-onlys and basketball-firsters

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Welcome to the world of UNC football fans. Ours is a world in which watching the school kick aside great potential is annual. Mediocre coaches are tolerated. And alum who happens to have been beloved by those in charge of the sport? If he's incompetent totally he still will be backed. Family apparently means that standards are not applicable to family members the power boys like.

And you will see an increasing of posters whose own frustrations with leadership will turn on you as they somehow conclude that your rioting things that they also usually are able to see means somehow that the situation would be better if only you and others would stop talking about missed opportunitirtes, stop analyzing how and why decisions were bad, etc.. You will be nudged and perhaps even slammed toward accepting mediocrity all the time.

The great difference will be that while we always have been told that we should just be happy with UNC basketball, because at least the school has that tradition of major winning, you will not have a major sport they can point to for your cheering on a UNC winner as they tell you to just accept basketball mediocrity.

Ole freaking Miss with less basketball history than Clemson has hired Chris Beard while UNC basketball is what we see.

Of course, none of that has to be. This is only Davis' second year as HC. They might not keep him a Bunting-full 6 years. He might be followed by. guy who revives everything and is the next Dean or Roy or Frank McGuire. Even the first two never had an undefeated NCAA Champ. And I doubt that either could have gone to SoCar and built from less than nothing what McGuire had by 1970.

Woad, why don’t you just sit and wait in the Office of the Chancellor of the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
Kevin M. Guskiewicz, until he has an opportunity to speak with you about the athletic programs at UNC?
Explain how he has ruined countless of your days by allowing such ineffective coaches and athletes
to represent such a fine institution.
NO ONE on THR has invested more time tilting at windmills than you.
l graduated from UNC-CH in 1977. I’m proud of my degree and the life accomplishments it afforded me and
hundreds of thousands of other graduates of our university.
l don’t enjoy when Carolina loses in a sporting event, but your 19,009 keyboard warrior rants are wasted on this site.
TAKE IT STRAIGHT TO SOMEONE WHO COULD AUTHORIZE THE CHANGES THAT YOU DEEM NECESSARY.
Call (919) 962-1365 to make an appointment.

Last edited:
Fork off Woad. You hardly posted on the basketball board until things went south. You couldn’t care less about UNC basketball. But now you’re here regularly just to gloat. You are one screwed up individual.
I think it is really cute how this guy has come up with these cute little names for those that actually enjoy UNC basketball and the traditions it has brought. What I do not find nearly as cute is people like the OP of this sadly worded thread showing his envy of the success UNC basketball has had as opposed to what we have seen in football over the many years. In am a fan of BOTH UNC basketball and football and I do not appreciate the attempt to marginalize with those cutey pie little tagged categories.

Reactions: Archer2
I think it is really cute how this guy has come up with these cute little names for those that actually enjoy UNC basketball and the traditions it has brought. What I do not find nearly as cute is people like the OP of this sadly worded thread showing his envy of the success UNC basketball has had as opposed to what we have seen in football over the many years. In am a fan of BOTH UNC basketball and football and I do not appreciate the attempt to marginalize with those cutey pie little tagged categories.
A football first fan calling out his perceived basketball first fans. Hypocrisy personified.

Reactions: DSouthr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT