ADVERTISEMENT

How are our 4* frosh?

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
How are Jonah Melton, Lawler, Cotman doing? Those were probably our biggest recruits, yeah?

Tre Shaw is obviously living up to his potential, and Dazz, Corrales, Jordan Riley are shining early too.

Any words on Billy Ross? You hear lots of stuff about the size and smoothness of Marcus Mckethan, but not much regarding Ross, Anderson, Melton, Jordan Tucker.

How are Jonah Melton, Lawler, Cotman doing? Those were probably our biggest recruits, yeah?

Tre Shaw is obviously living up to his potential, and Dazz, Corrales, Jordan Riley are shining early too.

Any words on Billy Ross? You hear lots of stuff about the size and smoothness of Marcus Mckethan, but not much regarding Ross, Anderson, Melton, Jordan Tucker.

The OL should all red-shirt unless major injuries hit, and that's a good thing. You really don't want true freshman out there unless absolutely necessary. Cotman is probably red-shirting as he hasn't been mentioned much and DB is probably our deepest position group. I'm somewhat surprised there hasn't been more buzz about Lawler. I thought he would potentially come in and provide some instant impact as a pass rusher, but he doesn't seem to be in the two deep at this point, which would mean he's a candidate to redshirt as well.

^ Yeah, that Lawler part is a little interesting, but the roster says he's 225, so maybe he's struggling to hold any ground at all vs the OTs.

And I feel like pass rush is our last concern since you gotta stop the run in order to get into pass rushing situations. Plus Carney proved to be a really solid pass rusher... would be hard to supplant Carney when it counts.

I was kinda hoping Cotman would come in and be too good to keep out of the two-deep, since he's apparently super fast, and was really good on O (so probably good ball skills). But I guess it is a good sign others are developing well.

Lawler had pretty serious shoulder surgery for a football player when he got to UNC did he not? Probably isn't ANY rush to get him onto the rotation at rush end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT