ADVERTISEMENT

How did you come up with your poster name?

shun1

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2003
My daddy use to greet people by saying hey son. Over time son got drag out to shun. Well being named after my daddy , my wife (of 44 yrs.) suggested that I use shun1 as my poster name.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
There is a way to change it. Not sure exactly how and if you get to keep your post count.

I've gone through the basic settings and didn't see an option to change it, but I'm guessing you'd have to go through the mods or something. Idk. Not that big of a deal.

I listened to my first game on the radio 12/31/1966 UNC 82 - OH State 69 I believe, the voice of the Tar Heels was Bill Curry the mouth of the south! That was my start, and listened to the radio while I turned down the sound on the tv even then, and of course this continued when Woody Durham took over play by play in 1971 thus Curry to Woody Radio

I listened to my first game on the radio 12/31/1966 UNC 82 - OH State 69 I believe, the voice of the Tar Heels was Bill Curry the mouth of the south! That was my start, and listened to the radio while I turned down the sound on the tv even then, and of course this continued when Woody Durham took over play by play in 1971 thus Curry to Woody Radio
That is a history lesson in a unique name.

Woad is the plant from which blue dyes were made in much of Europe. The Picts in what is now east coast Scotland and northern England met the Roman invaders with light blue war paint. Later, under the first king of Scotland, who was a Scot (meaning Irishman then) who married the Pictish princess to unite eastern and western Scotland under his rule, made the light woad blue the first Scottish national color. If you've seen Braveheart, you've seen woad war paint.

Shades of light blue were very commonly used in early NC, and the large number of people with Scottish ancestry in the Carolina colony (and then NC and parts of SC) is as certain a reason for that as the popularity of green where large numbers of Irish Catholics settled being due to Irish Catholics.

Woad is the plant from which blue dyes were made in much of Europe. The Picts in what is now east coast Scotland and northern England met the Roman invaders with light blue war paint. Later, under the first king of Scotland, who was a Scot (meaning Irishman then) who married the Pictish princess to unite eastern and western Scotland under his rule, made the light woad blue the first Scottish national color. If you've seen Braveheart, you've seen woad war paint.

Shades of light blue were very commonly used in early NC, and the large number of people with Scottish ancestry in the Carolina colony (and then NC and parts of SC) is as certain a reason for that as the popularity of green where large numbers of Irish Catholics settled being due to Irish Catholics.
Hi WoadBlue, I am Scot Irish, plus I am Catholic. SMILE

Reactions: Archer2
because a Tar Heel has blue toes. Duh.

513bJ68KgyL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Back when the lamecocks were in the conference was the time I started watching UNC and became a fan. I soon found that there was no other coach who did things right and who practiced admirable qualities both on and off the court like Dean, so I became one of his disciples. Still to this day there is not many I admire more than him...

Reactions: shun1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT