ADVERTISEMENT

How is NIL going for fball recruiting?

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
i haven't been keeping up with recruiting, are we expecting good things? I know NC and VA aren't great overall, so that could make life tougher for us, but it feels like NIL is starting to be a dominant player. I suspect our hoops NIL and fball NIL are on different footings.

i haven't been keeping up with recruiting, are we expecting good things? I know NC and VA aren't great overall, so that could make life tougher for us, but it feels like NIL is starting to be a dominant player. I suspect our hoops NIL and fball NIL are on different footings.
Football seems to have a better setup going. The problem is the top guys still want to go to the same schools, because they can still earn the same money there. We also don't have many players we can point to as an example, because we don't have any players that are getting top dollar. We need for these high rated recruits to start getting some national or even just regional attention. That's not going to happen until we start winning.

If it is not regulated, NIL money could bring us another set of small wars like we had during Prohibition.

It is already getting insane out there.
I don't see how that type of money can last. Will they be shelling the same amt for the next star QB after this one flounders and transfers? Then again I have no idea how much total money Boosters give to their alma maters annually before or since NIL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT